Best Marriott Redemption In London?

Discussion in 'Travel Tips & Strategies' started by JoeD, Oct 16, 2016.

1. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,

I'm going to be down in London for a bit of a festive knees-up in December, and was thinking I'll cash in some SPG Starpoints for one of the Marriotts this time. I've got Marriott Gold via SPG, so lounge access and 4pm check-out are a great little bonus!

I've not stayed at any of the London Marriott hotels before, so any advice greatly appreciated! Number of Points required isn't really a problem as I'll only be staying a night or 2.

I've discounted the Edition because there's no Lounge, and was thinking Grosvenor Square, JW Grosvenor House, Park Lane or County Hall, but I'm definitely open to other suggestions too (are the Renaissance or the Autograph Collection options any good?).

I've been to London lots of times so location isn't terribly important as long as it's vaguely central and near a tube station. I enjoy 'classic' and 'modern' design equally, so long as it's done well.

Really, I suppose I'm just looking for something nice, with a good lounge and ideally a good view.

Any suggestions or tips? - cheers!

2. Ian_Macky

Ian_Macky New Member

I'm a mariott virgin too, so I have no idea. But a stay in the Grovenor House sounds cool.

3. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Yeah - there's at least 5-6 I'd like to try! I might need to extend my stay and do a bit of hotel hopping to check a few of them out.