Beginning of the end for Curve?

Discussion in 'Manufactured spend' started by cinereus, Nov 25, 2019.

1. cinereus

cinereus Member

For Blue and Black customers payments to HMRC will attract a fee of 1.5% from 24 January onwards.

Next to come after an initial trial period with HMRC, other government payments such as National Savings & Investments, DVLA Vehicle Tax, and Student Loan Payments will be included as well.

Two things:

1. Seems this is manual not MCC related.
    2. Top tier customers so far will be unaffected.

2. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Very much depends on your curve limit and how much 'spend' you do ;) - paying for metal could definitely make sense, if you had, say, 500k annual limit...

But yeah, more broadly I'm genuinely getting confused about what Curve thinks its business model actually is.

Richard1974 likes this.
  3. cinereus

cinereus Member

Only just saw as well that the initial announcement was for credit card payments at merchants that accept debit card payments in general and the limit to government payments comes after some furious Curve backpedaling...

4. Richard1974

Richard1974 Member

Yes, I agree. I love the Curve Blue card - I've just used it again for an overseas trip, and again it worked perfectly - but the direction of the Curve company as a whole seems unclear.

cinereus likes this.
  5. Ajr

Ajr New Member

Perhaps there's something they're not telling us about their busines plan. I'm surprised they even managed to last this long as their losses must be substantial.

JoeD likes this.
  6. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

They should be fine for cash for a while (plenty of VC money), but I do remain baffled about what it is the investors are seeing that everyone else is missing...

cinereus likes this.