BA versus VIRGIN

Discussion in 'Virgin Atlantic | Flying Club' started by AndyMorgan, Nov 8, 2017.

1. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Or indeed to Stewart actually - yes, its 60 miles away but a cheap coach only about 30-45 mins longer to manhattan than most ways do from jfk/etc) and immigration there takes about 2 minutes.

Overall, when you factor in the time your plane might spend taxiing around a big airport, immigration, etc, and the fact that none of the NYC airports are genuinely convenient, I'm not convinced going to Stewart works out much slower on average.

You're absolutely right to point out that it's a good distance though, of course! The coach does take a while.

2. bobcat2010

bobcat2010 New Member

Virgin all the way!

3. Loobc

Loobc New Member

Anyone have both the Virgin cards and use curve to gain extra miles?

4. ob13561

ob13561 New Member

BA gets my vote

5. Scaramanga

Scaramanga New Member

I've got Curve and the free Virgin card. Works well

6. Flyer787

Flyer787 Member

Hi there,

You must have taken this flight a while ago but I'd thought I'd throw my 2 cents in.

It depends what you value more. If you just want to get there the advantage of Virgin is that you'll get there comfortably and it costs less. They have deep leather cushion seats that are great for a 7 hour journey. This way you don't have to slum it in World Traveller with BA on the return. I'd say you don't really need flat bed seats unless is 8+ hours, despite it being great fun.

However, if this is your first time I'd recommend you go with BA as the club world experience will make your holiday on the way out.

Let me know what you chose in the in the end.

Cheers!

JoeD likes this.
  7. Oarar80

Oarar80 New Member

+1 here for this. Goes quicker than you think for the price.