Award: Intra-hawaii on Avios possible?

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by Polootje, Jan 2, 2016.

1. Polootje

Polootje New Member

Is there any way for redeeming avios on intra-Hawaii travel, e.g. HNL-KOA ?

2. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Hi Polootje!

Unfortunately I don't think so.

If you have any Tesco points (or Amex membership rewards points) you can transfer to Virgin Flying Club instead, I think it's 7500 miles one way (http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/gb/en/flying-club/flying-club-partners/airlines/hawaiian-airways.html). Booking partner airlines through Virgin though can be a bit challenging.

Alternatively, if you have Amex membership rewards points you can transfer to delta who charge 10k (at least that's what it used to be?), or you can transfer amex points to Starwood and then transfer to United or American who certainly both used to, and I think still do, charge 5k (so 10k amex points because the ratio to Starwood is 1:2).

Personally, I'd be tempted to just pay cash I think and save the hassle/miles, unless prices have shot up for some reason. Sorry I can't be more helpful!

3. GnarlyOldGoatDude

GnarlyOldGoatDude Active Member

Nice problem to have.

4. MilesFromBlighty

MilesFromBlighty Co-founder

The cash fares are usually pretty reasonable in my experience as there is still a little bit of competition in the market.
    No Avios partner I am afraid.

5. GnarlyOldGoatDude

GnarlyOldGoatDude Active Member

Might be a good opportunity to foster a relationship with other frequent flyers who maintain balances in other programmes.
    e.g. find someone with an AAdvantage balance and promise to pay them in Avios when they need it.