Amex points transfers

Discussion in 'Miles & points via credit cards' started by Lloyd, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Lloyd

Lloyd New Member

Hi,

According to a set of T&Cs I have with my Amex card, it used to be possible to transfer your membership rewards points to another persons account if you close down your account, unfortunately this clause now seems to have been removed from the latest set of T&Cs. Can anyone confirm whether this is still possible please?

Many thanks.

2. tcz8127

tcz8127 Member

It's not possible, and I believe the reason for this is that there were issues with people buying and selling points from each other.

However, depending on how you want to use them, there are transfer routes via partner schemes. For example we quite often transfer my wife's points to Hilton Honors, where we can then move them to my Hilton Honors account. If you contact Amex, they.will be able to tell you whether a partner scheme allows this - the first time I transferred via Hilton Amex were happy to explain this. (Also note that transfers from brand new accounts are often not permitted, e.g. Hilton accounts have to be open for 60 days)

JoeD likes this.
  3. West

West New Member

Does anyone know how long it takes to transfer Amex MR points to Club Eurostar?

Thanks

4. Mrbentravels

Mrbentravels New Member

You used to be able to have a household account and transfer within you and your partner I tbink