Amex Platinum bonus for adding supplementary cards?

Discussion in 'Miles & points via credit cards' started by JoeD, Jul 24, 2017.

1. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

I saw Miles' post today (https://insideflyer.co.uk/2017/07/missing-3000-free-amex-points/) about getting 3,000 bonus MR Points for adding a supplementary on the Gold card - has anyone noticed anything similar for Platinums at the moment?

I remember a while back there was an amazing offer of 10,000 bonus Points for adding a supplementary cardholder to a Platinum account (up to 5 cards - so 50,000 bonus Points!), I doubt there will be anything quite that generous, but something would be good!

2. Frank

Frank New Member

There's a 5,000 bonus Points offer in my Amex Platinum account.

JoeD likes this.
  3. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Fantastic! - I'll send them a message and see if I can get my account included too.

4. Gagravarr

Gagravarr Active Member

My BA Amex account is showing 3k bonus Avios for adding a supplemental card to that, for those with the BA card looking to join the action too!

JoeD likes this.
  5. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Yeah just saw the BA one on mine a little earlier, though it seems to have disappeared again now - I think it only said 1,000 Avios (it's the free BA card).

6. Gagravarr

Gagravarr Active Member

Ah, I've got the premium card so that might be why I'm seeing 3k!

JoeD likes this.
  7. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

aye - I was going to send a quick message to Amex to ask about my Platinum but it seems that function no longer exists and the instant online help thing wasn't working...

8. endian675

endian675 New Member

Where would I look for this offer? A 5k bonus would be very welcome right now.

9. Gagravarr

Gagravarr Active Member

Log into your Amex online account, from a computer rather than using the app. Near the top of the page it should show an offer. You seem to get a different one every time you log in, eg my current one is about Android Pay, so you may need to log out and back in if it doesn't show first time!

10. endian675

endian675 New Member

Thanks Gagravarr (how is the Frogstar these days?). Sadly I don't see any offers or promotions when logging in via my PC.

11. Gagravarr

Gagravarr Active Member

That's odd, I see one for all my cards. You're looking for something near the top, like this referral offer:

ba-amex-offer.png

12. endian675

endian675 New Member

Thanks for the screenshot. I can see that banner now on my BA Amex login, but not on my wife's Platinum. Neither of them have "Supplementary card for Avios/MR", sadly, but I will keep an eye out.

13. vmanznsb

vmanznsb New Member

So annoyed, a few days ago I saw the message for bonus points for adding supplementary cardholders on my Amex platinum and BA blue cards (even though they both have supplementary cardholders already). Was going to query it via chat but had to get away. Next time I logged on the offer was gone! Anyone had any success in getting them to honour the offer after it disappears?