Amex Cancellation Date

Discussion in 'Miles & points via credit cards' started by James, Aug 18, 2017.

1. James

James New Member

I normally do a calendar reminder but have been a bit sloppy, is there anywhere on the amex website to find out when a card was cancelled?

I've thought about call log and letters but they've all gone unfortunately

Cheers

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
    JoeD likes this.
  2. Barry1984

Barry1984 Member

On my online Amex account, I have a Gold Rewards card that I cancelled last Autumn. I can't find anything on the website which gives me the date of cancellation. It tells me the last statement date was in Oct 2016 but I can't access any of the previous statements.

Guess you'll need to give Amex a call.

3. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Good question - at the back of my mind I seem to remember working out a way a few years ago but I can't recall it unfortunately! As Barry suggests, if all else fails just give them a ring.

4. Ian

Ian Active Member

They are always very helpful with this stuff, don't hesitate to call them and ask. I called with a question about my Preferred Rewards Gold card recently, and also asked when I last had a BA card, as I was thinking of applying again and wanted to check it was more than 6 months ago. They were able to tell me straight away.

5. Barry1984

Barry1984 Member

I just tried the Live Chat on the Contact Us page to ask about my card anniversary date. Very quick and easy - had my answer within 5 mins.