Advice Needed - Where is the best place to sit in Club World?

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by Flyer787, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Flyer787

Flyer787 Member

Hi there,

I'm flying in Club World from Hong Kong to London on the BA A380.

Looking at the floor plans there are two club world cabins. One on the lower and upper deck.

I'm just wondering if anyone can offer any advice as to where the best place to sit is?

I'm interested to sit on the upper deck to potentially see the elevated views if I get a window seat. However, to my surprise BA want to charge me to reserve a seat in Club World. I've never seen this at a Business or First Class level. It makes it feel like Easy Jet.

BA also have an odd lay out with some seats facing the opposite way in the direction of travel.

If you have any thoughts please let me know.

Many thanks,

2. bhaisab

bhaisab New Member

where did you end up sitting?

Kevinar likes this.
  3. Flyer787

Flyer787 Member

I believe I sat in 13J on the lower deck. It was an aisle seat in the direction of travel.

They gave it to me automatically and worked out handy. I got to walk past the First Class Cabin to inspect first. The seat was facing the direction of travel. The window seats were facing backward and were awkward to access. Once everyone was sleeping you would have to step over someones bed / footstool to access it if that makes any sense. As this was a 12 hour night flight that would be a good 8 hours at least. No perk of having a window either as nothing to see at night other than arrival into London.

I had the overhead cabin to myself with easy access. The flight was super smooth. It's ashame they are getting rid of these large aircraft.

So all in all I would suggest an aisle seat on the A380 in Club World. First looked nice but I think it's more swanky on he 747 with their sleek windows. I'd like to try it on that aircarft to tell you the truth.

All the best,

4. morgan_sa

morgan_sa New Member

In the future, I've heard upper deck window seats are favourable due to the personal storage bins featured on the A380.

5. Kevinar

Kevinar New Member

Very intersting