100% points bonus offer

Discussion in 'Hilton Honors' started by litefoot, Apr 21, 2016.

1. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

Hilton are offering a 100% bonus on points purchases again. I'm in!

2. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

The Ts and Cs for this offer state that

'Points purchased do not count towards elite tier qualification.'

Would these points be valid if I used them to book 4 stays within 90 days in order to qualify for the Hilton Gold fast track?

3. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Yeah that should be absolutely fine!

litefoot likes this.
  4. tommyl

tommyl Co-founder Staff Member

Thanks Litefoot. A post went out this morning on this, which detailed a couple of cunning ways to play this promotion - including for fast-track purposes!

litefoot likes this.
  5. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

Thanks JoeD and you are welcome Tommyl. I'm also looking to see if I can kill two birds with one stone and book a Hilton while I'm taking advantage of BA's birthday offer.

6. tommyl

A bargain hotel booked on a points-bonus flight? I am starting to foam at the mouth :)

litefoot likes this.
  7. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

I noticed the other day that the Hampton Inn Krakow is 5,000 Hilton per night - an absolute steal!

litefoot likes this.
  8. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

A good deal. Don't the budget carriers fly to Poland for some crazy price?

9. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Yeah, although it's usually Warsaw and Gdansk for the really cheap fares from up here. From London (well, probably Luton etc actually), I imagine £50.00 Return wouldn't be too hard to find.

litefoot likes this.
  10. tommyl

£19.99 flights to Krakow from STN with good old Ryanair...

litefoot and JoeD like this.
  11. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

I know it'll probably get me thrown off InsideFlyer, but can I just say that I actually love Ryanair.

Obviously it's not Cathay FIrst (!!!), but up to a few hours flight-time I really don't care at all. Good regional options and ridiculously cheap fares (which also forces other LCC prices down) are fantastic to have.

I know there's lots of horror stories, but having travelled with them dozens of times (probably more than with any other airline actually, now I think about it), I've never had a problem with being charged vast amounts for no good reason or anything like that. Print your boarding pass and take hand luggage - that's all there is to it really.

I wouldn't fancy 5+ hours, but for little trips round Europe I'm a massive fan of all the LCCs.

litefoot likes this.
  12. tommyl

I broadly agree Joe, although my mindset changed dramatically after the AGM where O'Leary got panned, and he basically came out of it promising that Ryanair would no longer "deliberately piss people off".

Still a few issues, including those bloody scratchcards (which I have various problems with including, I'd submit, their legality), but I'd agree that I have no problems with them. Not quite ready to say I love them yet, but as the man who posted "5 reasons to love...Premier Inn" this morning, I am in no position to judge you.

litefoot likes this.
  13. tommyl

Going back to the OP, it's also worth noting that Hilton has just launched a double HHonors points offer, applicable when you sign up and stay at any hotel between May 1 and August 31, 2016.

There's no limit to how many Points you can earn.

I've drafted a post analysing it, which will run tomorrow morning. There's not a great deal to analyse of course, but hopefully it is of some use :)

litefoot likes this.
  14. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

Thanks Tom! :)

I have seen the below page recently and there are so many Hilton offers that I don't know which of them to use.

http://www.frequentflyerbonuses.com/hhonors.html

I'm also not sure if they're valid when when you're registered for the 'four stays in 90 days' offer. If you could touch on that, wonderful :)

15. tommyl

The general rule with Hilton is just sign up for all bonuses you can, they don't cancel each other out.

In terms of this double points promo and your Gold fast-track, the double points will definitely apply, per the FAQs:

Can I register for other promotions if I register for this promotion?
    Yes, unless stated otherwise in the Terms and Conditions of other select promotions, a member can register for multiple promotions

That is of course unless your stays are reward stays (rather than cash), when you won't earn HHonors points in any event.

16. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Yeah, from the regions the convenience and value by far outways the slight relative discomfort. Add a quick visit to a Priority Pass lounge before to have a drink and stock up on a few snacks, take some decent headphones and you're sorted!

When Avios used to have the free domestic flights I used to do that sometimes if I wanted to travel Club Europe for whatever reason or stopover in London briefly, but these days I'm all about the LCCs for Europe. That said, I will be trying Turkish in Business at some point in the summer/autumn.

I've never actually stayed at a Premier Inn. I think it's the lack of a loyalty programme that's kept me away, because I'm certainly no stranger to Ibis/Holiday Inn Express etc.

17. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

Hilton are offering an 80% bonus on points purchases, July 14th-18th.