10,000 Avios with insurance

Discussion in 'Free/no additional spend miles & points' started by Pointsmeanprizes, Sep 21, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Pointsmeanprizes

Pointsmeanprizes New Member

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right place or not so admin please take down if isn't, but has anyone used the Avios insurance offer with Alan Boswell Group, it offers up to 10,000 points when you take out an insurance policy for home, business or landlords. seems too good to be true so wanted to check

Thanks

JoeD likes this.
  2. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Interesting, not one I've seen before I don't think.

Therefore I've obviously got no experience with Alan Boswell, but my general advice with anything financial is to focus primarily on the quality of the product/coverage and then look at the overall value - 10,000 Avios might be great, but you might be able to get something similar with £200 cashback through TopCashback or Quidco, which would be a better deal.

So, make sure the coverage fits your needs, then look at the overall value package compared to the other suitable options (once you factor in price + bonuses/avios/cashback/etc).

3. FlyingPiggie

FlyingPiggie Active Member

You can pretty much guarantee that Alan Boswell spent decent money acquiring those Avios and it's not going to hand them out without knowing it will make a bigger profit than the cost of the Avios. Comparison and cashback websites should make it easy to double-check how much extra you are paying to get those Avios.

Financial products are far too important to use them to chase miles...

4. Pointsmeanprizes

Pointsmeanprizes New Member

Thanks for comments, they look legit and found them on head for points so will see what they come up with, have used quidco before but took months for it to come through

JoeD likes this.
  5. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Interested to hear how it goes!