Virgin Atlantic Credit Card - 6 months before you can re-apply?

Discussion in 'Virgin Atlantic | Flying Club' started by Flyer787, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Flyer787

Flyer787 Member

Hi there,

Since Virgin Atlantic introduced their credit card managed by Virgin Money I was advised that the time frame before being able to sign up again was 3 months, after having had a sneaky conversation with them. I had managed to re-sign up shortly after 3 months so this seemed to be true.

However, on my recent attempt this does not seem to be true. So either I've been black listed, my credit is no longer good enough or they've changed the time frame you can re-apply. In contrast Amex are happy to give me all the cards I want!

I'm just wondering if anyone else has had issues with re-signing up with the Virgin Atlantic Credit Card.

Many thanks,

2. Oarar80

Oarar80 New Member

I signed up for the free card, and now waiting for the £160 version t have an offer. Let us know how you get on. I hear you can write to them. Says on Head for Points

"
    If your full application is rejected, this can often be overturned if you appeal in writing. Write to Virgin Money at Jubilee House, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE3 4PL with a couple of paragraphs expressing your dismay, referencing your Virgin Atlantic status and/or that you had the old MBNA credit cards, and outlining your income and lack of non-mortgage debts. They will reconsider and you will normally end up being successful.

3. Flyer787

Flyer787 Member

Hi there, I actually did do this the second time round and they told me just to wait 3 months and apply again. This is where I learnt there was a 3 month rule. But it doesn't seem to be working the 3rd time around. I'l have to write to them again and see what happens. It was alot easier with MBNA to sign up again.