Iberia Plus transfer

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by TTGLOBE4L, Apr 28, 2016.

1. TTGLOBE4L

TTGLOBE4L Member

I want to transfer points from Iberia to BA but whether I go in via BA or Iberia, it is only giving me the option to transfer them to Iberia which I do not want to do.

Does anyone know how to do this please?

2. tommyl

tommyl Co-founder Staff Member

The process is as follows:

Log in to Iberia Plus, then on the left hand menu click on "Buying or Transferring Avios" under "My Avios":

[​IMG]

Scroll down to the bottom of that page and under "Transfer" you'll see linked text which says "Don’t forget you can combine your Avios with those of other customer loyalty programmes":

[​IMG]

Click on that linked text. You'll be taken to the "Combine My Avios" page:

[​IMG]

Click on the "Combine My Avios" button - you'll then be able to select where you want the Iberia Plus Avios to be transferred to from the "Select your programme" dropdown - you then obviously choose BA:

[​IMG]

I hope that works for you - let me know if any problems.

3. GnarlyOldGoatDude

GnarlyOldGoatDude Active Member

It can get complicated if your have household accounts.
    You may need to set up an Avios.com account to get around that.

4. tommyl

tommyl Co-founder Staff Member

Yep. I actually use Avios.com to store all my Avios points, and so similarly use it for all transferring. Keeps life very simple and I can just dish points out to Iberia (or on rare occasions BA) if needed.

5. Adam

Adam Active Member

Can you transfer ib plus points to an avios hh account?

6. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

You shouldn't be able to according to the rules, but 'Combine My Avios' is notoriously weird, so might be worth a try anyway!

7. GnarlyOldGoatDude

Weird?
    Yes. I'd agree with that.
    I've even been able to move BA Avios to bmi Diamond Club before!

JoeD likes this.
  8. GnarlyOldGoatDude

New Iberia offer today.
    15% off UK-originating flights.
    Use code INTERNET.

15% discount valid for flights in Economy and Business, departing from United Kingdom. Offer valid for flights operated by Iberia and Iberia Regional Air Nostrum. Not valid on flights IB4XXX, IB5XXX and IB7XXX, or on air shuttle flights. Valid for one-way and return tickets departing from and returning to the same city. Stopovers in other cities are not permitted. The discount is applied to the final ticket price. It cannot be used with other promotions. Promotion limited to the first 3,000 bookings made through www.iberia.com on the dates indicated and when the discount code has been entered during the booking process. To do this, choose your flights then enter the code INTERNET in the "Discount code" field under the "I have a promotional code" tab. Valid only on purchases not on pre-books or Cash&Avios. Does not apply to other promotions or resident discount.

Drlucy likes this.
  9. Drlucy

Drlucy New Member

Iberia are also offering double Avios for Iberia Plus members on certain routes out of Madrid too at the moment.

10. windsor

windsor New Member

open an avios.com account.

11. Annapurnaview

Annapurnaview New Member

Combine my avios is notoriously glitchy. What I find usually works is: log out of account and then back in again.
    If still no success, I find using another browser usually fixes it. It seems to prefer Chrome to Safari