Holidaycheck news...

Discussion in 'Free/no additional spend miles & points' started by litefoot, Feb 23, 2016.

1. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

Just had this in my inbox from Holidaycheck.

Not very happy. Points avenue closed.

Dear travelers,

We would like to inform you that HolidayCheck will not be available in your language from 29.2.2016.

HolidayCheck will continue to be active only in German on HolidayCheck.de, HolidayCheck.at andHolidayCheck.ch, and Polish on HolidayCheck.pl.

We would like to thank you for using HolidayCheck for planning your holiday and helping other travelers! We look forward to welcoming you on our other language websites.

Please continue readingwhat this change means for your contributions, newsletter and your myHolidayCheck account.

If you have more questions, please contact us at [email protected]. We are happy to help!

Your HolidayCheck Team

http://blog.holidaycheck.com/your_c...436878504&tsource=CRM_HCNEW&agent=hc.nl.hc.35

2. Gagravarr

Gagravarr Active Member

It's a shame :(

It seems that your account does work on their German site, which incidentally seems to have a lot more views for UK hotels I often visit than their English site ever did, possibly why they're giving up on the English language market.

Anyone know if you can get points on their German language site? With some basic german knowledge, and Google translate, it might be possible to keep doing simple reviews (mostly the stars with just a very short bit of text) in German

3. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

Hopefully. I suspect that copying and pasting your review into a translation tool and pasting it into Holidaycheck is going to be picked up.

4. tommyl

tommyl Co-founder Staff Member

Yeah I was a touch disappointed by this. The German/Google translate option could work, and you've also got the option of the second most spoken language in the UK, Polish.

In terms of the .de site, you can earn miles for reviews, as follows:

- 100 M&M
    - 200 airberlin topbonus
    - 100 Boomerang Club miles (Eurowings)
    - 150 PINS (airbaltic)
    - 100 Webmiles (no idea, but: https://www.webmiles.at/)

[​IMG]
    The .pl site offers M&M, topbonus and PINS.

litefoot likes this.
  5. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

Damn, no Etihad Guest miles, which is what I've been earning.

6. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

Holidaycheck tell me:

"We have decided to focus our efforts on our core markets Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Poland and stop for now activities on other markets."