Hhonors barclaycard?

Discussion in 'Hilton Honors' started by ChrisJW1975, Dec 14, 2017.

1. ChrisJW1975

ChrisJW1975 New Member

Hi

I’m new to collecting loyalty points and opened a barclaycard as it seemed a simple way to get a free hotel stay and collect points for future stays, but I just wondered how long it takes for points to be credited to your account? And how do people keep track of additional points they should be receiving (for Hilton expenditure)?

Thanks

Chris

2. Ian

Ian Active Member

Points transfer once a month, and are shown as a specific line item on the Honors account. Earnings rate isn't huge, and you have to sometimes check that Hilton stays have credited at the enhanced rate of 3/£ as I have had some that do not.
    The free night is worth having, and gets associated with your Honors account shortly after you hit the threshold. You need to call up to book it, but that's usually been a good experience when I've done it. Bear in mind you have to use the voucher (not just book) within 6 months and it is valid only for Standard Room Rewards. You can check availability yourself easily enough by searching for points redemptions, and the room type will show as Standard or Premium room rewards.

3. ChrisJW1975

ChrisJW1975 New Member

Thanks for the reply Ian, notice that you say that the earning rate isn’t great - do you have any tips for earning hh points elsewhere?

4. Ian

Ian Active Member

The only reliable way I've found to accrue sizable amounts of Hilton points is to stay in Hilton hotels, I'm afraid. Both the Hilton Barclaycard and Amex Membership Rewards transfers come out at 2 points per pound. That's £20,000 to get a night in a half decent city Hilton somewhere. Their promotions are often very lucrative, such as current double up which got me (as a Diamond member) 6,000 or so points for a £160ish night in London, and also triggered my tenth night for 10,000 bonus from another promotion.

5. ChrisJW1975

ChrisJW1975 New Member

Thanks Ian, have booked a few stays over the next weeks to enjoy the double up (and the barclaycard bonus points for first 4 stays) and I’ll keep an eye out for other offers

6. endian675

endian675 New Member

I recommend using a status match/challenge to get Hilton Diamond, which will boost your points earning substantially.

JoeD likes this.
  7. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Yep, excellent advice, if you can Chris - https://statusmatch.hiltonhonors.com/

8. Benoit33

Benoit33 New Member

Is it possible to credit churn the Hilton card? As in cancel it and reapply it in 6 months to trigger the free hotel voucher?

JoeD likes this.
  9. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Good question - technically I don't think so, but in reality I know people who have reapplied after about a year and got the free night again.

10. PointsPayne

PointsPayne New Member

Hi there - regards the crediting of points and to be clear - the 3 points per pound spent are added on the card statement then to the HH account or the points are x 3 spent and HH add them when you check out ??

Thank you

11. Ian

Ian Active Member

The 3 points/£ at Hilton is included by Barclays in the monthly transfer to your HH account from all your card spend. Points from Hilton for the actual stay are unaffected.

JoeD likes this.
  12. AmexReferrals

AmexReferrals New Member

Ah good points to consider before I cancel mine.