Go to site for car hire

Discussion in 'Car Hire' started by britabroad, Nov 2, 2015.

1. britabroad

britabroad New Member

What are people's "go-to" sites for car hire?

I generally (in fact always) use carrentals.co.uk, getting cashback from topcashback.co.uk of course (which has always landed like a dream).

Invariably seems to offer great value plus cashback, but is there something obvious I'm missing?

2. tommyl

tommyl Co-founder Staff Member

Funnily enough I have always found carrentals.co.uk sniffs out the very best bargains - but I am no expert on the subject.

The cashback is a definite sweetener at 5.25%.

3. lettezilla

lettezilla New Member

I can't post links because I'm a newbie, but once you've got a reasonable, cancellable rate from somewhere else, I've been submitting to AutoSlash, and have been very pleased with the results. My last three trips to the US have shrunk dramatically, and usually once you've confirmed a re-book with them the first time, they'll automatically re-book you once the price goes down. At Easter I was looking at prices more than $1000 for two weeks at DFW, and ended up with the same class of car with a national chain for $250.

Since it doesn't cost anything, it's worth a punt.

4. GnarlyOldGoatDude

GnarlyOldGoatDude Active Member

Is there ever any point booking directly with one of the big boys? There seem to be so many discount codes out there from your airline, credit card etc. I so seldom hire a car that I am out of touch, but was shocked at the prices quoted when I needed to do a one-way hire from FRA-DUS.

5. tommyl

tommyl Co-founder Staff Member

I have just cheated on my previously favoured carrentals.co.uk and made a booking with rentalcars.com. The reason? Prices seemed slightly better, and cashback on Topcashback was 4.2% rather than 3.15%.