Friend flying with BA but can I bank the Avios?

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by Mart1, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Mart1

Mart1 New Member

Hi,
    I'm a BA Exec Club member and have a friend who is soon to book with BA flight to OZ.
    They don't collect Avios but they have said I can have the points.
    Is it possible to do this?
    If so how do I go about it?
    Any heads up would be great.
    Many thanks
    Mart1

2. Gagravarr

Gagravarr Active Member

Nope, it isn't possible. They'll need to collect them to an Avios account (BA or Avios.com) of their own, or of another OneWorld frequent flyer program

However, once those are collected, they should be able to book a flight for you, provided there are enough

You could also look at Household Accounts, but those have minuses as well as pluses

Otherwise, if you have a small business, sign up for the BA OnBusiness program. Credit their flights to that (normally needs doing afterwards as it's very hard to add an OB number to an existing booking). You earn (a handful) of OB points as well as Avios, so it's double-dipping

JoeD likes this.
  3. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Gagravarr has covered it, but yes I would just get them to collect the Avios in their own account (setting one up take 60 seconds) and then if they really aren't interested in them, maybe they could give you the login details so you can use the Avios without having to bother them about it.

4. jonathan

jonathan New Member

sorry, dont think its possible. only the flier gets the mileage into there accounts.

5. windsor

windsor New Member

Maybe to have a HHA with him

6. Liam

Liam New Member

Agreed on household account

7. JakeRB

JakeRB New Member

How did you get on with this in the end? Did you find a way to transfer the points??

Happened to me in the past as well and I never found it possible to transfer the points. Very annoying!

8. D4BV2

D4BV2 New Member

Not possible I'm afraid!