Best IHG redemption in Dubai

Discussion in 'IHG Rewards Club' started by craigp, May 25, 2016.

1. craigp

craigp New Member

Hi

I'm IHG Spire Ambassador and have a ambassador weekend cert to use before May 2017

Can anyone give me pointers on the best Intercontinental in Dubai we could stay at? There will be two of us plus our 5 year old

So a good pool is very important- I accept I'll probably have to pay to get into the club lounges as IHG dont guarantee for elite members which is poor.

Thanks

2. tommyl

tommyl Co-founder Staff Member

Hi Craig, welcome to the forum.

I stayed in the InterContinental Dubai Marina in July last year and loved it. Great rooms with views, excellent pool, well located for shopping and the beach. We were there with our 4 year old too, and he really enjoyed it, especially the outdoor pool and the breakfast.

There are probably more kid-focused hotels in Dubai, but this place still works very well. I struggle to see how the brand new rooms, pool and breakfast would leave you (or your 5 year old) disappointed.

Quite a few of my friends have said very good things about the Intercontinental Festival City, but I've never stayed. If the pool really is your main focus I understand it's extensive here, so you may want to give it a look.

3. SeanD

SeanD New Member

Pools at the Intercon Festival City are great, and there are loads of them.

4. craigp

craigp New Member

Was the beach walkable from.the ICMarina?

What's the ihg treatment like? As in breakfast lounge access?

5. tommyl

tommyl Co-founder Staff Member

Beach definitely walkable, I'd say 10-15 minutes. We've stayed right on the beach here before at the Hilton Jumeirah Resort, and while that's great it means you're spending a lot of time walking to the Marina area, so I'd say the IC Marina location is fine.

I was Platinum at the time of our stay and, while your experience as Spire may be very different, got no upgrade as such. Breakfast was included in the room rate. I've always found IHG's treatment of elites to be incredibly varied, with Hilton for example much more consistent.

6. craigp

craigp New Member

You been before Sean? They are quoting AED 300 for access to the club lounge per night which is £55 - bit steep I think. I'm going to be using my SPG points for a few nights too so suppose I can pay £55 for breakfast and evening drinks

7. SeanD

SeanD New Member

Yes stayed there last year although I had/have no status with IHG so it was all paid for!

Pools were great though.