BA Companion Voucher

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by Jamesp787, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Jamesp787

Jamesp787 New Member

Hi All

Im new to this and have just got my first Amex card to start saving for BA Avios.

How easy is it to redeem a BA companion voucher for a First Class flight, when i look on BA if i find a First Class seat its generally just one seat, any tips on how to get two seat would be much appreciated.

2. Darren0291

Darren0291 Member

if you're looking for the widest availability you need to look exactly a year ahead when the flights are released - otherwise its pretty easy... you can also book an open jaw ticket being flying to one country and then flying back from another - but this needs to be done via the phone.

3. CraigS

CraigS New Member

2 First Class seats is far harder than 2 Business Class seats.

Usually you have to book as soon as flights are released for sale. I think BA is 355 days in advance...

4. mpricochi

mpricochi New Member

Had same issue, I did manage to book some short distance trips on the rewards page (not using the vouchers though, saving those for more expensive trips) but haven't really found any trip I found worth using the voucher on, and it's not that easy planning a vacation 1 year in advance.

5. bobcat2010

bobcat2010 New Member

It's quite easy but only if you book the maximum amount of days in advance!

6. Ian

Ian Active Member

BA only guarantee to release 2 Business and 4 Economy seats for avios redemption on each flight, which happens 355 days before departure.
    Depending on the route, First seats may be released, and additional Business seats can also be released. Somewhere like Sydney you have practically no chance of getting seats, New York and Boston generally have bucket loads of redemption seats available.
    Keep checking is the best advice I can give.

JoeD likes this.
  7. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Yep - sometimes you see flights with 4+ First seats available. It really does depend on the route and time of year, not to mention luck.

BA Redemption Finder can be very useful: https://baredemptionfinder.com/