BA companion voucher newbie question

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by jennieb1, Sep 2, 2019.

1. jennieb1

jennieb1 New Member

I have a BA companion voucher which I wish to use on a business class flight to the USA next Aug.
    I dont want to wait for the return flight to be available as by then the outbound flight may have no availability.
    Advice online seems to be to book the outbound flight as soon as its available then call BA to add in the return flight but if I just book the outbound as a single fare with my companion voucher will the system accept the voucher as valid for the return flight ?
    Is an alternative to book a return with any return date ( even maybe the same date as outbound ) then call BA to change the date on the return flight.
    Or is there an easier way to do this especially as calling BA is a nightmare at the moment ?

2. TTGLOBE4L

TTGLOBE4L Member

You can do this but have to call BA to do it. Also there is a slight danger that return flights may not be available. The voucher can be used for both legs

3. jennieb1

jennieb1 New Member

Do you mean that I can just book one way to start with then call BA to add in the return with my voucher still valid for those return flights ?
    I am worried they will say I used up the voucher on the outbound flight so cant be used for the return

4. Ajr

Ajr New Member

I think I read somewhere that they can add the return flight on later. I'm sure if you ring BA they can confirm whether they can.

5. jennieb1

jennieb1 New Member

Yes I think that’s right .
    I did it wrong as I booked the outward flight on the date I wanted with the return a day later just to secure the outward flight and then called BA to change the return flight to the date I actually wanted but was then charged a fee for doing this .
    I should have just booked the outward flight then when the return flights were available called them at this stage for them to put in the return flight and this would not have cost anything.
    I’ll know next time !

JoeD likes this.
  6. TTGLOBE4L

TTGLOBE4L Member

Yes, I have actually done this. I booked the outbound to secure those as the new flights for the inbound had yet to be released. I called back a few days later when new flights had been released but what I am saying is there is no guarantee there will be availability on the dates you want if you do it this way. There is absolutely no question however that you can use the CV on both the outbound and inbound.

7. jennieb1

jennieb1 New Member

Yes that’s the problem with a CV .If you wait until the return flight is released there might be no availability left for your preferred outbound flight so I think you have to book the outbound & just hope there’s no problem getting the return flight you want .
    Don’t know how else to do it .

8. Kevinar

Kevinar New Member

Especially it is a problem if you are student