Avios not taken from my account on Aer Lingus booking - happened to anyone before?

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by JoeD, Mar 9, 2016.

1. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

I booked 2 seats to Boston on Aer Lingus using Avios for this summer a couple of weeks ago. There seemed to be some kind of minor technical hitch when the agent pressed the button to confirm the booking, she went off to speak to a supervisor, came back a few minutes later and told me it was all fine.

The issue is that I didn't receive an email confirmation from BA and the the Avios weren't taken from my account, BUT the booking exists in my BAEC account, my credit card has been charged the correct taxes, the reservation looks fine on CheckMyTrip (including eticket numbers for both passengers - the status says "eticket processed" then the date I booked, which I think means it's ok?), and I was even able to select seats by calling Aer Lingus.

Anyone had a similar experience and what happened (no judgement either way! - personally I'm gong to call them regardless - it's just something I can't remember seeing before and found interesting).

Drlucy and litefoot like this.
  2. Drlucy

Drlucy New Member

Yes - I would recontact BA!

The same thing happened to me last year when using a reward flight to fly BOS-LHR. I made a reward booking but the problem occurred when I changed the flight to a later one (although it was the same day, different departure) and upgraded at the same time. I assumed all was fine as it said all confirmed on the BA website, on my BAEC app etc, but I did not receive a confirmation email...didn't think too much about the lack of email as everything online said 'confirmed' etc., but then discovered I couldn't check in online when it came to it.

It got sorted in the end with lots of calls to BA, but that was very much unneeded hassle and uncertainty, especially when I was overseas...they will take your Avios eventually too...

Call them!

JoeD likes this.
  3. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Cheers Lucy - reminds me to actually get round to it!

Drlucy likes this.
  4. Drlucy

Drlucy New Member

No worries, hope you get it sorted :)