Are Aer Lingus trying to annoy me?

Discussion in 'Travel Tips & Strategies' started by Ian, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Ian

Ian Active Member

In the middle of our first transatlantic trip with Aer Lingus and so far the return leg seating has changed and took a phone call and two emails to clarify that we still had the exit row seats we paid for. Also found out at check in for outbound leg that we no longer had the exit row due to equipment swap (same type, sane number of exit row seats) . Finally convinced check in agent to give us a different exit row but it wasn't a given. Is this something they do a lot, or are they picking on me?

JoeD likes this.
  2. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Haha, yeah that sounds like they probably just don't like you very much! :)

That does sound pretty unreasonable by them to be honest though.

I've not flown enough on Aer Lingus to offer any sensible advice I'm afraid, so I'll stick with 'personal grudge' as the explanation.

How were the flights?

3. Ian

Ian Active Member

The wife was particularly unimpressed by the BHX-DUB leg on a tiny ATR72 turbo prop. Actually had plenty of legroom, just a bit short on headroom! TATL on A330 was ok, but they do seem trigger happy with the fasten seat belt signs at any slight turbulence. Chicken or beef dinner was average, and no free booze didn't help.

4. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Yes that sounds like a fairly typical Aer Lingus transatlantic - I have found the cabin crew to be nice and friendly though.

5. FlyingPiggie

FlyingPiggie Active Member

I've done Aer Lingus TATL in a 757, so the A330 was probably a dream in comparison...

6. Ian

Ian Active Member

I chose the DUB rather than SNN route to go on A330 over the 757. Still a fairly old, and not especially clean plane though. Also no free booze (did I mention that?).