Amex MR to KrisFlyer - Incorrect Membership Number Given to Amex

Discussion in 'Others' started by tristar82, Sep 12, 2018.

1. tristar82

tristar82 New Member

Anyone had any experience transferring AMEX (UK) Membership Rewards to KrisFlyer Miles?

I did it this morning but stupidly gave the wrong FrisFlyer membership number (belonging to another family member with same last name).

I called them within 10 mins and they said the 'back office' staff may be able to help... So now I just have to sit tight. Surely it would fail on validation (as first name and DOB) and not just automatically go through, so they can amend it with my correct KrisFlyer number (provided on the phone).

Isn't this a big flaw in their system if it does go through?!?

2. Darren0291

Darren0291 Member

i know its possible to transfer amex points to another person's air miles account in the US....for the UK, it would deff fail with BA, i assume it would with the others aswell

3. tristar82

tristar82 New Member

The points went through to the incorrect account overnight. Called AMEX and they said nothing they can do and to take it up with KF directly. Called and very helpful lady on phone told me to email supporting evidence (i.e. passport, statement and email confirmation of the transfer request) so they can fix the situation.. Fingers crossed it's a quick fix.... (But silly there there isn't data matching! And even sillier that I made the stupid mistake in the first place!!!)

JoeD likes this.
  4. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Cheers for the update tristar!

Definitely a bit concerning that there isn't some sort of data matching and that Amex just washed their hands of it.

Admittedly, the mistake in this case was yours, but I wonder if the response would've been different if the agent on the phone had misheard the membership number.

Good that SIA are being helpful though - fingers crossed it all works out!

5. nikogucci

nikogucci Member

Hi Tristar, I'm interested to know if it went through in the end?

6. tcz8127

tcz8127 Member

Interesting - we tried to transfer Amex points from my wife's account to my Hilton Honors and it was declined by Amex as they said the full name on accounts had to match.

As a side note, you can transfer points between Hilton accounts, so we just set one up in her name transferred from Amex and then sent them to mine.

7. Loobc

Loobc New Member

Any more info on this?

8. tristar82

tristar82 New Member

All ended well. Amex transferred the points and they were posted to my family member's account. I then contacted KrisFlyer who simply asked me to prove there was an error - and they were my points (so I sent them a credit card statement). The reviewed the case and posted the points to my account very quickly. Have since bought 2x J fares MEL-SIN for August