500 Virgin Elevate Miles for subscribing to an email!

Discussion in 'Others' started by litefoot, Sep 3, 2016.

1. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

Just received this email from Virgin America:

"Hi there,

Get the hook-ups at Virgin Hotels with Exclusive Grand Opening offers from cities like New York, Dallas, Palm Springs, San Francisco and Los Angeles. And Virgin America is sweetening the deal with 500 bonus Elevate points.

Cheers,
    Virgin America"

Ts and Cs state 'Offer valid until September 30th, 2016. Only one email address is allowed and only one set of 500 points will be awarded per Elevate account number. Bonus reward points earned in this offer do not qualify towards Elevate Gold or Elevate Silver status. Please allow 10 days for your points to post from the promotion end date.'

Easiest Virgin points of the year!

I think this is targeted so check your spam folders if you haven't had the email.

2. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Yeah, great little offer - I should have a quick post about it out soon.

litefoot likes this.
  3. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

litefoot likes this.
  4. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

Good to hear. This is very generous for Virgin America as these points are hard to earn!

5. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Absolutely - I love Elevate Points. For quite a few routes they have the best award prices by far and don't charge surcharges on Singapore Airlines which is great. Transferring SPG Starpoints (or Amex MR to SPG then to Elevate) is the only consistent option for acquiring Elevate Points that I know of.

6. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

I've emailed Virgin America as I have yet to receive these points. Meanwhile, they've just sent out an identical email for subscribing to the Virgin Sports newsletter.

"Get set at the starting line for a new movement in running, fitness and active experiences with the team at Virgin Sport. Sign up to learn more and we'll raise your game with 500 bonus Elevate points.

Oh, and shhh . . . Virgin Sports is still a secret. But just for a few more miles.

Here's to good health and good times."

JoeD likes this.
  7. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

Further to the above about the points not being received, they're not due until after Sep 30th. I really must read the Ts and Cs properly. It was even part of my post. Careless! :)

8. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

Both sets of points uploaded to my account. 4,500 free points for doing very little at all! :)

9. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

JoeD likes this.
  10. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

11. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

2500 for the referrals, 1500 for the email subscriptions, 500 for the gilt.com purchase, 250 for the Hawaiiscape promotion and another 250 Hawaiiscape 'bonus points'. That's 5000. It really is money for old rope. Thank you!