5,000 frequent flyer Miles for first booking with Rocketmiles

Discussion in 'Hotel sales & offers' started by JoeD, Jan 30, 2016.

1. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Rocketmiles are offering a generous first booking bonus at the moment. It's particularly good for getting Alaska/United/etc Miles which can otherwise be difficult to get in decent quantities in the UK.

The first thing to do is sign up using a referral link so that you get an extra 1,000 Miles after your first stay (I get 1,000 Miles as well if you use my link too, so thanks! - https://www.rocketmiles.com/refer/JOEDEENEY2).

Rocketmiles are also currently offering a first booking bonus with some of their loyalty programme partners, which provides an additional 3,000 Miles on top of the usual 1,000 per night, and the 1,000 bonus for being referred - so you will get at least 5,000 Miles for a one night stay.

The bonuses I could see are listed below, but there might be others too:
    For all these offers you need to sign up and book before 31st March. Your actual stay can be after those dates, of course.

Rocketmiles are almost always more expensive than other sites, but it can still be a great deal. I've got a £50.00 night in Riga coming up which I'll get 5,000 United Miles for. Given that I value 5,000 United Miles at about £75.00, that's not bad!

Lionell and litefoot like this.
  2. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

Hang on, I thought this finished on Friday. So they've brought back the offer but for 5000 miles instead of 3000? Good job I gave the last offer a miss!!!

3. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Not sure about the offer that ended Friday?

These ones are good until the end of March.

The first booking bonus is 3,000, but you get 1,000 for being referred and the minimum Miles per night is 1,000 for most partners too - so you end up with 5,000. Some of the partners only offer 500 minimum per night, so you'd get 4,500 in total with them.

litefoot likes this.
  4. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

I have just signed up and booked my first stay for Saturday 2nd April via your referral link. So theoretically I should get 5k and you should get 1k within two weeks of the stay. Hopefully I don't have to chase RocketMiles up for it as I have been doing with Tesco and Virgin recently! :)

JoeD likes this.
  5. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

While I'm there I'm going to try getting the 1000 Avios from a Hailo booking too. Having never used them before, does anyone have any tips for a good cheap A to B? Airports are obviously out because of the high prices they charge (especially Heathrow!).

6. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

It's my Rocketmiles stay tomorrow, so keep an eye out for your 1k points in the next couple of weeks, Joe.

JoeD likes this.
  7. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Cheers!

litefoot likes this.
  8. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

Enjoyed my stay. It was at the Thistle T5. Great having dinner in the Runway Terrace restaurant when all the planes were landing 150 metres away.

9. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

I just contacted Rocketmiles to ask when the 1k referral bonus is added. They replied:

"We see that you have earned the 3000 first time booking bonus, along with 1000 Avios for your reservation. Although, you are not eligible for referral sign up bonus, as we do not allow other bonus to be stacked with this promotion. However, you are able to earn 1000 points by referring Rocketmiles to your friends and family, and earn the 10000 points for your and your referred’s next bookings."

I'm not having that. Time to kick up a major fuss with Rocketmiles.

JoeD likes this.
  10. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Litefoot - yeah that definitely doesn't sound right at all. The referral bonus sits pending in the rewards bit of your account, and should be triggered by the stay.

I wonder if I still get Miles for referring? There's a few who have used the link, so let me know the first letter of your name or email address (some are listed as names, some just as emails), and I'll see what i can find out on my side.

litefoot likes this.
  11. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

They have refused in their reply. And just to rub it in, this is what my account shows: (click to enlarge)

[​IMG]

12. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

They've removed the top row now. I have complained.

13. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

The 4000 avios (3k + 1k) has arrived in my BAEC account. No luck with the emails, they are standing firm. It's not looking good for your 1k referral, Joe.

14. Greg

Greg New Member

Thanks for the info!