2x CVs - any point in saving them?

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by KyleR, Sep 26, 2018.

1. KyleR

KyleR New Member

If I understand correctly, by using 2 companion vouchers, I would be able to redeem reward seats for 4 pax for the Avios price of 2.

However, I think that BA only normally release 2 reward J seats per flight. As such, is there even any point of saving 2 companion vouchers, as I'd only really want to use them for J redemptions?

2. AlexBA9719

AlexBA9719 New Member

They only release 2 reward seats when the flight is made avaliable -355 days out. If the flight is quiet or lack bookings they could open up as many more as they need/like. If you want to travel as a family of 4 it's well worth looking. Set up an email reminder on RedemptionFinder for the seats and you could grab 4 in J quite easily. The other option is, fly out the day after the first two. We've done that in the past

3. KyleR

KyleR New Member

Aaah, I didn't know you could use the vouchers to book the seats on the following day, I thought you had to use them on the same flight!

4. AlexBA9719

AlexBA9719 New Member

You would, My apologies - for clarification I mean book two of you (mother and Daughter) in J for the 1st and then (Father and son) for the 2nd, Or even the same day just morning and evening flights out and back. Means you can all go but technically separate flights so 2 seats on each would be available -355 days out. I would personally still look for 4 on the same flight - just look everyday! It's monotonous but worth it if you can all fly together.

5. KyleR

KyleR New Member

I was under the impression we'd have to go out as a 4 as I believe the companion voucher can only be used only if I'm travelling with everyone at the same time?

6. SibTT

SibTT New Member

It does not matter

7. VinoTYT

VinoTYT Member

If you call them they might book all four seats for you!