Some links to products and partners on this website will earn an affiliate commission.
So I was very pleased to see that they’re offering double Avios on a range of quality online shops that may well form part of my virtual Christmas shopping, as follows:
- Apple – 8 Avios per £1
- M&S – 8 Avios per £1 (versus 10% cashback for new customers, 4% for existing – so go for the Avios if you’re an existing customer)
- ASOS – 8 Avios per £1 (versus 12% cashback – so go for the cashback)
- Selfridges – 12 Avios per £1 (versus 5.25% cashback at Miss Selfridge only)
- Currys PC World – 4 Avios per £1 (versus up to 10% cashback depending on what you’re buying, so check!)
- Net A Porter – 12 Avios per £1 (versus 3.15% cashback)
- Not On The High Street – 8 Avios per £1 (versus 5% cashback)
- House of Fraser – 4 Avios per £1 (versus up to 7% cashback depending on what you’re buying, so check)
- The White Company – 10 Avios per £1 (versus 5.25% cashback)
- Tesco Direct – 4 Avios per £1
- Lookfantastic – 14 Avios per £1 (versus 10.5% cashback for new customers, 5.25% cashback for existing customers)
- Groupon – 14 Avios per £1 (versus 11% cashback)
Given that we value Avios at around a penny each, this is anything up to a 14% rebate on your shopping spend. The cashback flagged above can be converted to Avios at a rate of 1p:1.05 Avios, so bear that in mind.
There’s also various other retailers offering seasonal bonuses. You can see them all here.
For those who fancy venturing out, it’s worth reminding you that you can get 12 Avios per £1 spend at Pizza Express, in store.
Ultimately, this is a great way to boost your Avios balance on any spend you would have made anyway, but do not lose sight of the cashback option in your desperate bid for Avios.