Some links to products and partners on this website will earn an affiliate commission.
We regularly cover Singapore Airlines’ monthly ‘Spontaneous Escapes’ promotions. Essentially, these are time limited promos that knock big chunks off the number of miles required for a variety of Singapore Airlines award redemptions, which can lead to some fantastic bargains!
The current offer is for selected Singapore Airlines and SilkAir flights booked by 30th June 2019. Choose from any of the flights listed here and travel between 1st-31st July 2019 (though watch out for ‘blackout dates’ on some routes).
This list is very good this time. It even includes a couple of European Business Class options:
To find the discounted rates, just log into your KrisFlyer account and search for award flights like normal. You’ll actually see the standard pricing to begin with when searching. The discount only shows up when you select a flight.
There are no ‘surcharges’ when redeeming KrisFlyer Miles on Singapore or SilkAir flights, so the taxes/fees are relatively reasonable.
As usual, there’s a full range of good value redemption options within Asia on the Spontaneous Escapes list, and Business Class from Singapore to Dubai for 34,300 KrisFlyer Miles in Business Class (or 17,500 in Economy) might well appeal to some readers too.
Other highlights include Business Class flights between Johannesburg and Singapore for (a remarkable) 34,300 miles each way – that’s a 10.5 hour flight! There’s also a good handful of discounted options in Australia and India to/from Singapore.
How to get KrisFlyer Miles
By far the easiest and best value way to accumulate KrisFlyer Miles in the UK is to transfer over American Express Membership Rewards Points at a 1:1 rate. Note that KrisFlyer Miles expire after 3 years regardless of account activity, so do bear that in mind when considering whether to start collecting them.
- The promotion is only applicable for online redemption of Saver Awards in Economy, Premium Economy and Business Class on selected Singapore Airlines and SilkAir operated flights. Please refer to the list of flights above. The promotion is not valid for codeshare flights.
- Eligible bookings can only be made through singaporeair.com. This promotion is not available through KrisFlyer Membership Services, SIA Ticket Offices, travel agents or any other channels.
- To qualify for the promotion, tickets must be issued between 18 – 30 June 2019 GMT+8, all dates inclusive, for travel between 1 and 30 July 2019 GMT+8, all dates inclusive. All travel must be completed by 31 July 2019 GMT+8.
- If any part of the itinerary falls outside the applicable travel period or contains an ineligible flight, the entire itinerary will not be eligible for the promotion.
- Any waitlist redemption that is confirmed after 30 June 2019 (GMT+8) will not be entitled to the discount and will be charged at full mileage levels.
- Any change is strictly not permitted for bookings made under this promotion. Cancellation is also not permitted for partially unused or totally unused tickets.
- This promotion cannot be combined with any other discount or promotion.
- This promotion is applicable to one-way and round-trip travel. No stopovers are allowed for this promotion.
- Taxes and fees are applicable in addition to the required redemption mileage and paid for separately by the passenger in the applicable currency. The discount is not applicable to taxes and fees.
- The 30% discount level is only applied on the number of KrisFlyer miles required for an Economy Class Saver award ticket. It does not apply to commercial tickets purchased with part miles, part cash. Taxes and fees are separately charged and payable and are not subject to any discount.
- All redemptions are subject to seat availability at the time of booking.
- KrisFlyer terms and conditions apply.
- KrisFlyer reserve the right to change the eligible destinations, flight numbers and travel dates, without prior notice.
- KrisFlyer reserve the right to vary these terms and conditions or terminate this promotion without prior notice at their own sole discretion.