Some links to products and partners on this website will earn an affiliate commission.
I know this has irked a number of people (not least Craig), but here we are, not quite at the end of January and Hilton has finally (maybe) figured out how many stays you need throughout 2019 to maintain your status.
It’s been a quiet travel month for me so far, but at least I can now see what I need to do if I want to extend my diamond status beyond next March.
Is it accurate?
For me, it largely is, but reports on Flyertalk suggest not everyone’s is, with some reporting having stayed more nights this year than there have been so far in 2019.
The points total still seems to take a day or two to update, as I can see some Barclaycard spend points on the activity report that are not reflecting in the points total.
I’m pretty relaxed about this, personally for a few reasons;
- I have diamond status for the year, so no need to chase any stay targets for now
- I have no immediate redemption needs having secured a week in a Conrad for later this year (more to come on that)
- I didn’t lose out on any stays crediting during the IT upgrade last year
- I don’t have any rollover stays/nights to be concerned with tracking correctly
- It’s only January 24th.
- I’m pretty relaxed about most things
As with many things in this game, YMMV.
From postings on FlyerTalk and musings around the water-cooler at InsideFlyer towers people are seeing a variety of issues with their accounts. The common ones are;
- No stays at all showing
- Some stays not showing
- Rollover stays/nights not showing
- Points total not updating properly (as per my ‘missing’ Barclaycard points)
- Cancelled redemptions not resulting in returned points
What Can I do if Affected?
Short answer is, ‘not a lot’. I’d suggest going to the Winchester for a pint, and waiting for it all to blow over. If you have a more pressing need, you probably need to make a nuisance of yourself to Hilton, via phone, e-mail or the 21st century’s favourite complaint mechanism, Twitter.
What I have seen, is that if you really want to see your updated points total, for some reason, when clicking through to buy points, this does display the accurate total. Obviously, if you really want to buy some Honors points, don’t forget Craig’s excellent advice to earn potential cashback.
Let us know in the comments how accurate or otherwise your shiny new 2019 Hilton Honors tracker is. I know ’round these parts there are some fairly cheesed off bloggers, so rant away in the comments and get it off your chest. You’ll feel better for it (perhaps).