Some links to products and partners on this website will earn an affiliate commission.
We’ve written before about Singapore Airlines’ excellent new ‘Spontaneous Escapes’ promotions. Essentially, it’s a time limited promo each month that knocks 30% off the number of Miles required for a variety of different routes.
It’s very similar to other award discounts like Flying Blue Promo Awards and ‘Miles and More’ Mileage Bargains. The current offer is for selected Singapore Airlines or SilkAir flights on singaporeair.com, from now until 30th November 2017. Choose from any of the flights listed here and travel between 1st-31st December (with some blackout dates depending on the route).
There are quite a few options, but for most readers it’s the discounted Business Class Dusseldorf – Singapore route that will be of most interest (note that the dates to the right are blackout dates where the 30% discount is not available):
59,500 KrisFlyer Miles (with no surcharges!) for a ~13 hour flight in one of the best Business Class cabins in the sky is a great deal.
There is also some excellent value between Singapore and Dhaka too, which you can check out here. Business Class between the two cities is just 24,500 KrisFlyer Miles.
To find the discounted rates, just login to your your KrisFlyer account and search for award flights like normal. You’ll actually see the standard pricing to begin with when searching:
The discount only shows up when you select a flight:
As you can see, following the changes Krisflyer made earlier this year, there are no longer any ‘surcharges’ when redeeming KrisFlyer Miles on Singapore or SilkAir flights, so the taxes/fees are very reasonable.
How to get KrisFlyer Miles
By far the easiest and best value way to accumulate KrisFlyer Miles in the UK is to transfer over American Express Membership Rewards Points at 1:1 rate. Note that KrisFlyer Miles expire after 3 years regardless of account activity, so do bear that in mind when considering whether to start collecting them.
It’s always great to see innovations like this and I hope KrisFlyer stick with Spontaneous Escapes. I can definitely see myself taking advantage of this at some point if they do!
- The promotion is only applicable for online redemption of Saver Awards in Economy and Business Class on selected Singapore Airlines and SilkAir operated flights. Eligible bookings can only be made through singaporeair.com. This promotion is not available through KrisFlyer Membership Services, SIA Ticket Offices, travel agents, SilkAir.com, or any other channels.
- To qualify for the promotion, tickets must be issued between 15 – 30 November 2017, for travel between 1 – 31 December 2017, all dates inclusive. All travel must be completed by 31 December 2017. If any part of the itinerary falls outside the applicable travel period or contains an ineligible flight, the entire itinerary will not be eligible for the promotion.
- Any change is strictly not permitted for bookings made under this promotion. Cancellation is also not permitted for partially unused or totally unused tickets.
- This promotion cannot be combined with any other discount or promotion.
- Taxes and fees are applicable in addition to the required redemption mileage and paid for separately by the passenger in the applicable currency.
- The discount level is only applied on the number of KrisFlyer miles required for an Economy or Business Class Saver award ticket. It does not apply to commercial tickets purchased with part miles, part cash. Taxes and fees are separately charged and payable and are not subject to any discount.
- All redemptions are subject to seat availability at the time of booking.
- KrisFlyer terms and conditions apply.
- KrisFlyer reserve the right to change the eligible destinations, flight numbers and travel dates, without prior notice.
- KrisFlyer reserve the right to vary these terms and conditions or terminate this promotion without prior notice at their own sole discretion.
- For enquiries, please contact KrisFlyer Membership Services