Some links to products and partners on this website will earn an affiliate commission.
Airberlin Topbonus members with status equivalent to Oneworld Ruby or higher can now get a British Airways status match to BA Executive Club Bronze status.
To apply, just send an email to [email protected] with your Executive Club membership details and attach evidence of your airberlin topbonus tier status by the 30 November.
Technically, the offer is only available to members resident in Germany, but it shouldn’t be too challenging to get around that if you were so minded to do so…
BA Bronze status doesn’t really get you a whole lot to be honest and seems a bit a of rough deal for Topbonus members who have status equivalent to OneWorld Emerald. Perhaps more interesting is an additional offer for 9,000 bonus Avios, “take 4 flights with us before the 31 December 2017 we will also credit your account with 9,000 bonus Avios – enough for a return reward flight from Germany to London”.
Good to see BA offering this to Topbonus members, but you would have thought they might have been a bit more generous and at least matched up to BA Silver for some members.
- This promotion is only open to Eligible Participants. An Eligible Participant is a customer, resident in Germany, aged 18 or older, who holds a valid airberlin topbonus Silver, Gold or Platinum card.
- Eligible Participants must apply between the 17 October and 30 November 2017.
- We reserve the right to decline any request where sufficient evidence has not been provided. All requests must be sent to the email address [email protected]
- This offer is available to both new and existing members of the British Airways Executive Club. Eligible participants who are new can also benefit from 4,500 bonus Avios for newly enrolling to the Executive Club between the 17 October and 30 November 2017. Eligible Participants must join the Executive Club via the link ‘Join the Executive Club’ indicated on the online promotional page belonging to this offer or via this the join the club page.
- Eligible participants may also register for the double Avios offer if they register before the 31 December and travel before the 31 December 2017. Further details and how to register can be found here.
- In order to qualify for the 9,000 bonus Avios, Eligible Participant must fly on 4 British Airways operated and marketed flights by the 31st of December 2017. Avios points will be credited to your account within 21 days of the 4th flight being flown. Avios Points are not transferable and no cash or credit alternative will be offered. This promotion has no cash value. All Avios and Tier Points are issued subject to the Executive Club membership terms and conditions, a copy of which can be viewed on the Executive Club Terms and Conditions page.
- Reward Flights are subject to availability and capacity control in the booking classes eligible for these flights at the time of booking. BA does not accept any liability in the event that Eligible Participants are unable to book a Reward Flight for their chosen period of travel.
Disclaimers & Notices
- This promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, promotion or deal, other than those mentioned above, including but not limited to: (i) redemption bookings; (ii) travel agent or industry discounted fares (including agency, industry, employee discounts), inclusive holidays, group discount fares, child/infant fares or senior citizen fares, whether or not booked in one of the qualifying classes; and (iii) bookings made with vouchers (e.g. shareholder’s discount voucher).
- Applicants accepted as Members will be given a Membership Number and may be provided with a Card. A Member may not have multiple Memberships. Each Member must maintain only one account. If a Member violates this rule, all Memberships (other than the first Membership approved by British Airways) will be cancelled, as will any Avios points contained in the cancelled accounts.
- All Passengers are carried by BA in accordance with its General Conditions of Carriage for Passengers and Baggage (copies available on ba.com, at “Legal” – “General Conditions of Carriage”) and its Notice and Conditions of Contract as stated on each ticket or itinerary as provided.
- BA reserves the right to cancel this promotion or amend the terms of this promotion without notice in the event of major catastrophe, war, strike, civil or military disturbance, earthquake or any actual, anticipated or alleged breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other similar events beyond the reasonable control of BA.
- BA is in no way liable for the reproduction or indirect access via third party website or homepage access which reproduction misstates or omits any of the information or terms and conditions of this promotion.
- This promotion and any other non-contractual obligations arising out of or in connection with it is governed exclusively by English law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales: a) If you are a resident in a member state of the European Union (EU) other than the United Kingdom, then the courts of that member state also have jurisdiction; and b) If you are a resident of a country which is a signatory to the Rome Convention, your contract is governed in all aspects by English law but you will have the benefit of any mandatory rules of law applicable in your country of residence.
- Promotional materials form part of these terms and conditions. These Terms and Conditions will prevail in the event of any conflict between these and the promotional materials.
- The promoter is: British Airways Plc, Waterside, PO Box 365, Harmondsworth, West Drayton, UB7 0GB. Registered No. 1777777 England.