Some links to products and partners on this website will earn an affiliate commission.
Club Carlson (Radisson Blu, Park Plaza, Park Inn, etc) has an interesting looking offer on this Autumn/Winter.
Book by the 19th November 2017 for stays between 20th October – 30th December 2017 and you can get 50% off your second night on 2-night stays or your 3rd night free on 3-night stays.
The offer applies to stays in the UK, Ireland, Belgium, Spain and France.
Oddly, the ‘stay 2 nights and one night will be charged at 50%’ offer applies to stays between Thursdays-Sundays, whereas as the ‘stay 3 nights and your third will be free’ offer only applies to stays between Fridays-Sundays.
Not all Club Carlson hotels are participating, indeed there are no Park Plaza hotels available whatsoever according to the terms and I can’t see any of the central London Radisson Blu hotels (apart from the Portman) listed either. That said, there are still lots of good options available.
The promotion website looks nice but is fairly useless. Fortunately, the normal Club Carlson site seems to find the offer automatically if you are looking at eligible dates (make sure you are signed into your account):
If you do have any trouble pulling up the rates, try clicking on “more search options” under “modify search” on the left hand side of the page and paste CCLUB2N or CCLUB3N into the promotional code box, depending on whether you’re booking 2 or 3 nights.
I’ve priced up a couple of options and it seems that the ‘3rd night free’ offer is actually 33% off each of the three nights rather than you pay the full rate for 2 and get the 3rd one free.
Similarly, the ‘50% off 2nd night’ offer actually knocks off 25% off both nights, rather than 50% off the second night.
This means that you can’t really ‘hack’ the offer by paying for two cheap nights and getting a really expensive third night free, but given that the third night is always going to be a Sunday, in the vast majority of cases a straight 33% discount across all 3 nights will probably work out better.
As far as I can tell, the discounts are derived from the Best Available Rate. This means that the ‘real’ discounts aren’t quite as good as the headline 25% /33% rates suggest, as there are usually other sorts of members discounts available too.
The good news is that in the examples I looked at, these sale rates were definitely still the lowest available and usually by a decent margin, even if it wasn’t actually 25% / 33% off.
Don’t forget to click through from a cashback site first (search for the hotel brand like Radisson Blu rather than CLub Carlson!), as you can usually get 5-10% back and TopCashback has some superb bonuses on at the moment too.
Book by 19th November 2017
• Stay between 20th October 2017 and 30th December 2017
• Available to Club Carlson members only
• Room only
• Applicable to participating Radisson Blu, Radisson RED, Quorvus Collection and Park Inn by Radisson hotels across UK, Belgium, Spain and France.
• Stay 2 nights and one night will be charged at 50% – applicable to stays Thursday-Sunday
• Stay 3 nights and your third will be free, resulting in a discount of 33% per night – applicable to stays Friday-Sunday
• Children 16 and under stay for free when sharing their parent(s) room, provided that the room type has sufficient number of beds or sufficient space for a roll-in bed. Please contact the specific hotel to check room type suitability and request a roll-in bed. Applies to UK and Ireland hotels only.
• Children 12 and under eat breakfast free when accompanied by at least 1 parent staying on a breakfast inclusive rate or when purchasing breakfast at the hotel, and eat dinner free from the children’s menu when accompanied by at least 1 parent paying full price for at least 1 main course. Applies to UK and Ireland hotels only.
• UK and Ireland: find out more at www.radissonblu.com/en/family and www.parkinn.co.uk/family
• France, Belgium and Spain: discover kids offers at Radisson Blu hotels and click directly on www.radissonblu.com/en/family-friendly
• This offer may be withdrawn or altered at anytime