Some links to products and partners on this website will earn an affiliate commission.
Virgin Trains (West Coast) has launched a decent looking fare sale for travel on the line between Glasgow and London.
The sale is live from today until 23.59pm on 11th July 2017, for travel between 21st July – 8th December 2017 (inclusive).
Standard Class Examples:
- Birmingham to London one way from only £5
- London to Manchester one way from only £11
- London to Liverpool one way from only £11
- London to Glasgow one way from only £18
Note that Railcards and Group discounts do not apply, but child discounts do.
It’s really good to see such a large window of time for travelling, particularly as it includes the whole of the Summer Holidays. The cheapest fares on busy dates are likely to get snapped up pretty quickly though, so I would book as soon as possible if your travel plans are firm.
The sale fares should stack nicely with some of the Nectar Bonus Points offers that Nick flagged a couple of days ago,
“Virgin Trains West Coast (London to Birmingham / Manchester / North West / Glasgow) seem to have two different offers available. These probably stack together, though the T&Cs aren’t completely clear on that…
Firstly for people who haven’t booked for a while (or possibly those who’ve booked but credited to Virgin Atlantic Flying Club miles instead?), there’s 1000 Nectar points for a West Coast booking, worth at least £5.
Secondly, there’s a more general 500 Nectar points for a West Coast booking for over the summer, worth at least £2.50. For both of these, if you’re targeted, you’ll need to both book on the Virgin Trains West Coast website and have at least one leg of your trip be on one of their trains”.
The Virgin Trains sale is well worth taking a look at if you think you might be travelling anywhere between Glasgow and London anytime before December. Don’t wait too long to book though if you want to get the very best fares!
- Promotional First and Standard Class Fares are available on selected Virgin Trains services only on the West Coast Mainline.
- Promotional First and Standard Class fares available on virgintrains.com virgintrains.co.uk and Virgin Trains app.
- Subject to availability on specific services, and requested journeys cannot be guaranteed.
- Promotional fares are available for booking between 6-11 July 2017 inclusive.
- Promotional fares are available for travel between 21 July – 8 December 2017 inclusive.
- Promotional fares available on First and Standard Class tickets.
- Tickets are non-refundable, change of travel date and/or time is available up to the departure on payment of a £10 admin fee plus the difference of the new applicable fare.
- Other discounts including Railcards and Group discounts do not apply.
- Child discounts apply.