Some links to products and partners on this website will earn an affiliate commission.
You may have heard about FoundersCard before – essentially, it’s an exclusive networking community for entrepreneurs, business owners, and creative professionals. Whether you might get value from membership or not depends entirely on your own circumstances, but there is an interesting new FoundersCard benefit that we thought was worth sharing – and FoundersCard is currently inviting readers of InsideFlyer to their community at a preferred annual membership rate too!
New FoundersCard benefit: Marriott Rewards Gold
Members of FoundersCard are now eligible for 3 months of automatic Marriott Rewards Gold Elite Status, with a chance to retain it until February 2019.
This is particularly interesting for two reasons:
- Marriott Rewards Gold is the best ‘mid-tier’ status offered by any of the major hotel chains (arguably – Hilton Gold is great too!). The problem is that Gold status usually requires staying 50 nights, which would get you well on the way to ‘top-tier’ status with most other chains. Being able to get instant access and a fast track to keeping the status is potentially very useful.
- You will get Starwood Preferred Guest Gold status too. Linking your Marriott account to SPG only takes 30 seconds and gets you some very solid benefits, like 4 pm checkout and an ‘enhanced’ room.
More FoundersCard benefits
FoundersCard offers a massive range of other benefits too, which we will explore more extensively soon. For now, here are just some of the travel-related highlights of particular interest to UK-based travellers.
- Hilton Honors Gold status
- 10% off (most) British Airways flights
- Cathay Pacific Marco Polo Silver status
- Virgin Atlantic Flying Club Silver status (after one flight)
- Caesars Entertainment Total Rewards Diamond status
- Avis Car Hire ‘Preferred Plus’ Membership
- Sixt Car Hire Platinum status
Exclusive Invitation Codes
InsideFlyer has managed to arrange some exclusive invitation codes for our readers:
FCVIP5211YR – Annual rate of $495 (~£408) with a $95 (~£79) initiation fee.
FCVIP5212YR – Annual rate of $395 (~£325. 2 years prepaid upfront) with a $95 (~£79) initiation fee.
Whether FoundersCard makes sense for you will depend on a lot of different factors – but there is real value in some of the benefits, not least Marriott (+ SPG) Gold and Hilton Gold, as well as the airline discounts and status!