Some links to products and partners on this website will earn an affiliate commission.
It’s fair to say that the latest IHG flash sale hasn’t really set the travel world alight.
In fact, I almost wasn’t going to bother writing about it at all, but a change in travel plans led to me taking a closer a look – and there are actually some genuine bargains available, if you look hard enough!
You need to book by 08.59 GMT on Saturday 7th January 2017 (so you’ve got about 1.5 days left, at time of writing!) for stays up Monday 27th February 2017. As far as I can see, most IHG hotels in the UK and Ireland seem to be participating.
As I mentioned, a change of plans left me needing a hotel for a Saturday night in Manchester, which can be quite pricey. A quick glance at my usual sites confirmed that I wasn’t going to get anything decent and central for much under £100.
I’d resigned myself to using Points (at least as a backup until the next Accor Happy Mondays options are released on Monday!), but then remembered about the IHG flash sale, and was very pleasantly surprised by the results.
There still wasn’t anything properly central for under £89.00:
Which was still considerably better than the lowest standard rate:
A cheap Uber away (~10 minutes) though, there was a much better option:
£39.00 seems a bit more reasonable than £96.90 for an out of town Holiday Inn Express…
That’s a massive 60% saving just for clicking through the flash sale site, and a very good price in its own right for anywhere near Manchester on a Saturday night.
There are substantial savings (30%+) easily found in London (Holiday Inn Express Excel for £49 is a bargain, even for a property that’s often reasonably priced).
I saw some big savings in Birmingham too, like the Crowne Plaza with £60+ off
Similar savings in Edinburgh, Glasgow, Newcastle, Dublin etc weren’t hard to find for dates that would otherwise be expensive.
Do be careful though as I noticed some examples of hotels (the Holiday Inn Expresses in Leeds, Holiday Inn Heathrow Ariel etc) that seem to be pricing higher through the ‘sale’ rate than the cheapest standard rate a lot of the time, so remember to check the normal IHG site too!
Not a ‘vintage’ IHG sale by any means, but there is still gold hidden in there! Saving 60%, just for searching the right way, is a great deal.
I might even persuade Tom to send some exclusive InsideFlyer UK bag tags out to whoever find the highest percentage discount…
Terms and Conditions
- Eligibility: The Winter Sale Promotion (“Offer”) is only open to all IHG Rewards Club members and Ambassador Club members (“Members” separately each a “Member”). Participation constitutes a Member’s full and unconditional agreement to these Terms and Conditions and Promoter’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Offer. Benefiting from the Offer is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein and is subject to availability.
- Timing: Bookings for the Offer opens at 09:00 GMT on Wednesday 4th January 2017 for all IHG Rewards Club Members. The Offer closes for all members at 08.59 GMT on Saturday 7th January 2017 (“Promotional Period”).
- How to enter: To be eligible to make use of the Offer the guest must either be an existing Member or become a Member during the Promotional Period, and book via either www.ihg.com, the Central Reservation Office, or the IHG Mobile App.”
- Offer: The Offer is available at participating (please see full participation list) Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Crowne Plaza, and Hotel Indigo hotels and Staybridge Suites in the UK&I for standard room-only bookings for stays between Wednesday 4th January 2017 – Monday 27th February 2017. Offer only available to Members. The prices quoted under the Offer are for standard rooms. Breakfast is included in the Offer for stays at Holiday Inn Express.
- This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or Foursquare. Facebook, Twitter and Foursquare may not be held liable for any claim arising from a Member’s participation in the Offer.
- Members agree to allow the Promoter to collect personal details in order to facilitate the Offer and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, and service providers.
- The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Offer, or any part of it, and/or review and amend these Terms and Conditions at any time on prior notice. Members shall be deemed to have agreed to any such amendments unless they advise otherwise. Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Offer or to be acting in violation of these Terms and Conditions. Proof of submitting entries will not be deemed proof of receipt by Promoter.
- Disputes: The Offer and these Terms and Conditions are governed by the law of England and Wales and any disputes arising under these Terms and Conditions will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- Promoter: The promoter is InterContinental Hotels Group Services Company, Broadwater Park, Denham, Buckinghamshire, UB9 5HR, United Kingdom.