Some links to products and partners on this website will earn an affiliate commission.
The long-standing Etihad and American Express tie-up offers 10% off Etihad flights in Economy, Business and First Class, provided you enter the first 4 numbers of an American Express card when booking on this page.
This additional discount was due to expire on 31 December 2016, so the good news is that it has been extended to 30 June 2017.
The discount is widely applicable, valid on all Economy Saver, Economy Value, Economy Freedom, Business Saver, Business Value, Business Freedom and First Freedom fares (excluding those for children/infants).
Taking the random example of London Heathrow to Tokyo, you will clearly see when you book which flights are eligible for the discount as they will have a yellow star next to them, like this:
The resultant saving will then be clearly displayed to you:
(I’m not quite sure why this isn’t reduced by £186, but it’s more or less there).
While 10% may seem like a somewhat token saving, I have used this offer to good effect on a couple of occasions now and given the sometimes very low prices saver fares on Etihad, it really can chip further cash off good value flights.
Not an American Express cardholder?
The Etihad promo code SKYBLUE will get you 10% off on occasion, or actually sign up for the (free) Etihad Manchester City fan club to be emailed a specific 10% off code.
Key terms and conditions for the Etihad American Express offer are as follows:
- Offer is only valid on One-way and Return trip fares. The discount will not apply on Multicity destinations/Stopovers.
- Payment must be made with an American Express Card and bookings must be made on etihad.com/amexoffer.
- The discount only applies to flights that are sold by Etihad Airways and operated by Etihad Airways or codeshare partners.
- Flights eligible for the discount are clearly signalled by a yellow star next to them.
- The discount only applies to the base fare and not on taxes or additional charges.
- The discount is valid on all Economy Saver, Economy Classic, Economy Flex, Business Saver, Business Classic, Business Flex, and First, excluding child or infant fares.
- From time to time, Economy Class fares categorised as Economy Deals may be available for sale. – Discount will not apply to these Economy Deals, but they will be bookable through etihad.com/amexoffer.
- Changes and cancellations are subject to charges and fees as per published fare rules.