Some links to products and partners on this website will earn an affiliate commission.
Turkish Airlines has a potentially very lucrative offer on at the moment, that could earn you up to 105,000 ‘Miles & Smiles’ Miles for just one paid Return flight.
The basic idea is that you will earn, as a bonus, the same number of Miles you would need in order to book the same route (in Economy) as an award ticket.
So, say you booked a Return flight from London to Istanbul using cash, you would get 20,000 bonus Miles because that’s how many Miles you would need to book a Return Economy award ticket.
Flights have to be Return, start outside Turkey and be completed by 27th December.
You can check out the full ‘Miles & Smiles’ award chart here to calculate what your bonus earnings would be. The UK is in ‘Europe 2’ so you would earn 60,000 bonus Miles flying via Istanbul to anywhere in the ‘North America’ or ‘Far East’ regions, for example.
On some of the more exotic routes (eg. ‘Far East’ to ‘South America’) you could earn up to 105,000 bonus miles.
The only thing that I’m a bit concerned about (aside from the political situation) is that I can’t see a way to ‘opt in’ to the offer – hopefully that means it’s automatic, but that would seem an unnecessarily expensive way for them to run a promotion like this.
The terms (below) aren’t terribly helpful either, so if you’re thinking about booking something because of this promotion, I would double check with Miles & Smiles (Twitter and Facebook are normally good if you need a quick answer) that you will definitely get the Miles for your particular flights before booking.
This could be a genuinely fantastic offer, and if you’re flying with Turkish Airlines anyway, is definitely something you should take advantage of. I wouldn’t go out of my way to book with Turkish though without getting direct confirmation that my flight would be eligible for the promotion because the the terms are a bit too vague for my taste.
- This offer is valid from 10th November 2016 to 27st December 2016
- Flight starting point should be outside of Turkey.
- Tickets must be issued as round-trip and must be flown.
- Mileage earned from the flight will be rounded to the amount of the same round trip limited capacity award ticket.
- The related promotion will be applied only for Turkish Airlines scheduled flights. Promotion is not permitted on Turkish Airlines codeshare flights and Star Alliance member airline flights
- Only the flights issued during reservation or at the time of ticketing to the Miles&Smiles account will be considered valid.
- Retroclaim requests are not included for this promotion.
- Extra miles earned from this promotion will be posted to member’s account on 20th of January, 2017.
- All reservation classes (Economy/Business) except award ticket classes are valid for this promotion.
- Turkish Airlines has the right to change terms and conditions of the promotion.
- A member can join to this promotion only one time.
- If there is more than one round-trip flight within promotion dates, only the first one will be considered valid for promotion.