Some links to products and partners on this website will earn an affiliate commission.
Accor ‘Le Club’ (the loyalty programme for hotel brands like Sofitel, Novotel, Mercure, Ibis etc) recently launched a new promotional game called ‘The Smart Explorer’. There are five grand prizes of 200,000 Accor Points (worth 4,000 Euros worth of stays at Accor hotels, or 200,000 Avios if you transfer to Iberia Plus), and there is also a daily prize of 10,000 Accor Points (worth 200 Euros or 10,000 Avios).
As regards the grand prizes the rules are as follows:
- To participate in the Game, every 10 days or so participants are asked to discover a new mini-game called “mission”, accessible on the Website and App.
- Each participant can gain additional chances of winning the final prize draw of the Game (see below) by participating in a “mission”, according to the rules described below.
- Rule 1: each participant can gain one additional chance in the prize draw if they play within 5 days of a “mission” becoming available. Participating in a mission can only earn one additional chance, irrespective of the number of participations in this mission. –
- Rule 2: the participant also earns an additional chance at the time of the prize draw if they win the “mini-game” within the “mission”. Only one additional chance per “mission” is available under this rule. If the participant meets all the above conditions, they may have at most 2 additional chances at the time of the final prize draw, namely a total of no more than 16 additional chances.
The daily 10,000 Points prize details are set out below:
- Besides participating in the “missions” that make it possible to participate in the prize draw, participants can also take part in an “instant win” in connection with the Game.
- So every day, either at the end of the “mini-game”, whether or not the participant won or lost the “mission”, or directly after clicking the “mission” accessible on the first page of the Game, a screen proposing participation in an “instant win” is automatically displayed. By clicking “Play”, the participant is immediately informed of their possible prize of 10,000 Le Club AccorHotels points.
- The instant win comes into play every day, separately from the missions in progress.
- A participant can win an “instant win” only once for the duration of the Game.
The game runs until 23rd December, which means there are lots of opportunities to play.
Accor has notoriously creaky IT so what’s most surprising about this promo (to me anyway…) is how good the game actually is. The visuals are great and everything seems to work as it should – I’m assuming they paid an outside agency!
It only takes a minute to play, the prizes are worth having and the game itself is pretty good – so kudos to Accor for this one! If they could now get the company website and the rest of their IT into similar shape sometime soon that would be great…