Some links to products and partners on this website will earn an affiliate commission.
Just a quick heads-up that Amex is currently running a nice PayPal promo, offering £20 back when eligible cardholders spend £100 via Paypal by 31st October 2022.
“Save to Card to get a £20 statement credit on a transaction of £100 online with PayPal by 31 October 2022. Valid one time per card for the first 50,000 Cardmembers to save the offer. Terms, and payment restrictions apply.”
The offer seems to be widely targeted – log into your account and click on offers to see if you’ve got it, then remember to click “save to card”. I spotted this one on my personal Amex Gold Credit Card, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see other variations.
For many readers, this is effectively free money back if you’ve been targeted and would be spending £100 on something anyway.
The full terms are below, but the only things I can see that you might need to watch out for are that purchases have to be in £GBP and your PayPal account needs to be a UK one.
Let us know in the comments if you’ve been targeted or have received a different offer!
- Offer valid until 31 October 2022.
- Only one £20 statement credit per UK Card.
- Offer only available to the first 50,000 Cardmembers who save the offer to their Card.
- This promotion is intended for UK Cardmembers only.
- Offer is available online at https://www.paypal.com/myaccount/money/cards/new.
- Offer only valid at merchant locations which are currently open and trading. Please reach out to the business directly for more information.
- Offer is only intended for the targeted recipient of this offer.
- Offer valid for payments made in Great British Pound (GBP) online where PayPal is accepted.
- Valid for payments made in Great British Pound (GBP), which will be shown by PayPal as GBP. If your payment is converted into another currency before being submitted to us, your payment will not be valid for the offer.
- You can make payments using a PayPal account or by entering your Card details at PayPal checkout.
- When making payments from your PayPal account you must first link your Card to your PayPal account, then select your linked American Express Card at PayPal checkout.
- Only UK PayPal accounts are eligible for the offer. PayPal accounts created in any other country are ineligible.
- Offer only valid on orders delivered to the UK.
- Offer only applies to spend made in Great British Pound (GBP) on the Card to which the offer is saved, including an American Express Card loaded into a mobile payment wallet.
- Spend must be billed to your card by 31 October 2022 to be eligible for this offer. If PayPal does not charge your Card during this period, e.g. because of a delay in dispatching your goods, you may not be eligible for the offer.
- Offer does not apply to spend on other Cards you might hold and is not valid for transactions made using third party Payment Aggregators.
- Credit should appear on your billing statement within 5 days from qualifying spend but may take up to 90 days from 31 October 2022.
- An awarded credit may be reversed if a qualifying transaction is refunded or cancelled. Any misuse, as reasonably determined by us, relating to your redemption of Amex Offers may result in an awarded credit being reversed, and ineligibility from future Amex Offers and other promotions. This reversal may take place up to a maximum of 180 days after the offer campaign end date. Please note that if an awarded credit is reversed after you have paid your bill you may be returned to a negative balance.
- For full Offer Terms and more details about statement credits https://www.americanexpress.com/uk/network/amex-offers-terms.html.
- By saving the offer to your Card, you agree to the Offer Terms.
- By enrolling and making a qualifying purchase, you acknowledge that to enable you to redeem the offer, American Express may share certain transaction data and the first digits of your Account number with the merchant to reconcile and assess the offer. For more information about how we share your information with the merchant, please review our Cardmember Privacy Statement.
- We will use your personal information such as name, email address, Account number and transaction information to manage your participation in the offer and to track your spend. Please see our Cardmember Privacy Statement for details of how we use your personal information.