Some links to products and partners on this website will earn an affiliate commission.
Back in November 2020, I wrote about an interesting Hilton offer to earn 10,000 bonus points for booking a “Day Use Room”. At the time, the promotion was limited to the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. I know that many readers are based elsewhere, so might not have thought themselves eligible.
But I was recently revisiting the Terms & Conditions and noticed that the country restriction is now gone.
This offer is open only to Hilton Honors members and is subject to availability at participating properties
in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. Offer is valid for first eligible WorkSpaces by Hilton day booking completed between November 10, 2020 and March 31, 2021 (“Promotion Period”). Hilton Honors members will receive 10,000 bonus points for the first day stay completed during the Promotion Period.
And if you look at Hilton hotels in Continental Europe, their Day Use rooms are now being marketed as “Workspaces”.
According to somebody on Flyertalk, Hilton’s customer service department has also confirmed the new, wider eligibility.
Because Hilton’s “Workspaces ” / Day Use Rooms credit exactly the same as an overnight stay, you could earn:
- 1 stay credit and 1 night credit for elite status purposes (only 10 stays needed for Gold and 15 for Diamond)
- 10,000 bonus points from this promo
- 2,000 bonus points for a stay, from the current chain-wide promotion
- 1 night towards the 5,000 bonus points you will earn after 5 nights (and the standard milestone rewards for 20+ nights in a year)
- 1,000 point welcome amenity for existing Gold / Diamond members
- Your usual 10 points per US dollar spent, plus any status bonuses
Not a bad return, if you have a convenient and cheap Hilton day use rate nearby. I know that won’t help much in locked-down UK, but elsewhere in Europe we have a bit more freedom to check into hotels.