Some links to products and partners on this website will earn an affiliate commission.
There is a lot of information online (including at InsideFlyer!) on how to maximise value from the big chain hotel loyalty programmes – but what about those stays when there are no chain hotels; when you just fancy something a bit different; or maybe (like many people) you simply do not travel enough to make committing to traditional hotel loyalty programmes worthwhile?
Hotels.com™ Rewards might well be the answer you are looking for. If you don’t want to be tied to staying with a particular hotel group (Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, etc), it is the perfect way to ensure that you still get substantial value back from the money you spend on accommodation.
Here is how it works:
- Book and stay 1 night in any eligible hotel and get 1 stamp
- 10 stamps get you 1 reward night*
- Reward night value is an average of your 10 stamps (before taxes and fees)
In other words, you get a reward night* for every 10 nights you book with Hotels.com.
The 10 stamps can be an accumulation from different trips as long as you remain an active member of the programme – and remaining an active member is easy: All you have to do is make sure you earn at least 1 stamp or redeem 1 reward night each year!
Key benefits of Hotels.com Rewards
- Simplicity – stay pretty much where you want when you want and get rewarded
- Global reach – collect and redeem at over 500,000 properties
- Diversity – you don’t need to commit to one brand/group or one type of properties (you can earn from stays at chains, resorts, apartments, boutique hotels, etc…)
- Flexibility – there are no blackout dates or other date restrictions to redeem your free nights. You even collect stamps on your redemption trips!
- Secret Prices – Once signed up, you get access to the Secret Prices that the programme offers. These are discounts applied to selected properties on top of current hotel or vacation rental deals.
- Free to sign up, and to redeem on Hotels.com App
For ‘normal’ travellers, not really – it’s a genuinely excellent programme.
Advanced ‘travel hackers’ and very frequent travellers (50+ hotel nights per year) may be able to get larger rebates and better privileges through traditional hotel loyalty programmes. But, that generally requires committing to a particular hotel group, and/or spending time learning how to extract maximum value from those programmes.
If you prefer being a ‘free agent’, or enjoy boutique hotels over the big chains, Hotels.com Rewards can potentially make a lot of sense, even for frequent travellers.
Hotels.com Rewards elite benefits
Hotels.com Rewards even offers its own version of elite status for members who travel a lot. You can find out more about that using the links below:
- Silver membership – for members who collect 10-29 stamps in their membership year
- Gold membership – for members who collect 30+ stamps in their membership year
Hotels.com Rewards offers a simple and easy way to get value back from your hotel bookings.
If you are not a member yet, sign up now to start earning reward nights!
* Hotels.com® Rewards is for guests aged 18+ who sign up with a valid email address. You just pay taxes and fees on your reward night. A redemption fee applies to each reward night, unless redeemed on the app. If you’re redeeming your reward night and choose a higher priced room, you only pay the difference. You can’t collect stamps or redeem a reward night if you apply a discount coupon to pay for your stay or for package bookings. Stamps and reward nights collected will expire if you have not made and completed a booking with your Hotels.com Rewards account in the previous 12 months. Read full terms and conditions.