Some links to products and partners on this website will earn an affiliate commission.
American Express is offering (at least some) cardholders a seemingly massive £150 rebate on hotel stays at Claridge’s, The Connaught and The Berkeley.
To get the rebate, you need to login to your Amex account and (if targeted) save the offer to your card, then spend £300+ in hotel or online by 31/3/2020.
Note that, “Offer valid on room spend only…Gift Cards, food and beverage are excluded from this offer”.
The £150 offer was on my Amex Platinum, but I also spotted a £75 rebate offer on my free British Airways Amex card too:
It probably goes without saying that all three hotels are extremely expensive (£400+ as a minimum and frequently £600+), so £150 off isn’t as big a discount as you might think. That said, if you were going to be booking anyway – for a special occasion, or simply because you like spending your money on luxury hotels – getting £150 back should at least pay for a few rounds of drinks!
Booking through Amex Fine Hotels and Resorts (if you have a Platinum Card) should take a little more sting out of the bill, due to the benefits you can receive:
Finally, if your partner also happens to have a card (including supplementary Platinum cards) with the offer on, you could potentially split the bill when checking out and effectively get a £300 rebate between you on a total spend of £600+.
Are you tempted by this offer? – even splitting it over two cards is too rich for my taste to be honest…
- Book and pay by the offer end date.
- Offer valid on room spend only at participating UK Claridge’s, The Connaught & The Berkeley Hotels.
- Gift Cards, food and beverage are excluded from this offer.
- Available in participating hotel(s) and online at www.maybourne.com.
- Only one credit per UK Card.
- Offer only applies to spend made in Great British Pound (GBP) on the Card to which the offer is saved, including an American Express Card loaded into a mobile payment wallet.
- Offer does not apply to spend on other Cards you might hold and is not valid for transactions made using Payment Aggregators.
- An awarded credit may be reversed if a qualifying transaction is refunded or cancelled. Any misuse, as reasonably determined by us, relating to your redemption of Amex Offers may result in an awarded credit being reversed, and ineligibility from future Amex Offers and other promotions. This reversal may take place up to a maximum of 180 days after the offer campaign end date. Please note that if an awarded credit is reversed after you have paid your bill you may be returned to a negative balance.
- Credit should appear on your billing statement within 5 days from qualifying spend but may take up to 90 days from 31/3/2020.
- For full Offer Terms and more details about statement credits click here.
- By saving the offer to your Card, you agree to the Offer Terms.