Some links to products and partners on this website will earn an affiliate commission.
Alaska Mileage Plan is offering members bonuses of up to 50% on miles purchases made by 30th August 2019.
The bonus is being presented as a ‘mystery’ offer, so the precise details likely vary a bit between members, but this is my offer:
- Buy 10,000 – 19,000 miles = 20% bonus
- Buy 20,000 – 39,000 miles = 35% bonus
- Buy 40,000 – 60,000 miles = 50% bonus
If I maxed out the promotion, I would effectively be paying ~£1,430 ($1,773.75 USD) for 90,000 Alaska Miles.
That works out at about 1.59p per Mile, which isn’t cheap compared to the prices you used to be able to get indirectly via SPG, but now that SPG is gone, it’s about as good as you can get. I can’t remember seeing an Alaska bonus of more than 50%.
I certainly wouldn’t be tempted to buy speculatively at these prices, but if you have a high-value use for Alaska Miles in mind (there are lots), it could make sense to take advantage – just make sure the award space you want is available first!
- Only Mileage Plan™ members who receive this offer directly from Alaska Airlines via email are qualified to participate. This is an exclusive, non-transferable offer for the intended recipient only and may not be forwarded.
- Transactions must be completed between 6:00 AM PST July 22, 2019 and 11:59 PM PST August 30, 2019 to be eligible for bonus miles.
- Miles are purchased from Points.com Inc. for a cost of $27.50 per 1,000 miles, plus a 7.5% Federal Excise Tax*, and GST/HST for Canadian residents.
- Miles are non-refundable and do not count toward MVP and MVP/Gold status.
- You may purchase and gift Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan miles in increments of 1,000 miles to a maximum of 60,000 miles per transaction.
- Your Mileage Plan account may be credited up to a maximum total of 150,000 miles acquired through Points.com in a calendar year, whether purchased by you or gifted to you. MVP, MVP Gold and MVP Gold 75K Mileage Plan member accounts have no annual limit on the number of miles which may be purchased or gifted through Points.com.
- Offer is subject to change and all terms and conditions of the Mileage Plan Program apply.
- *Points.com Inc. is collecting Federal Excise Tax on behalf of Alaska Airlines Inc.
- Alaska Airlines Inc. has the obligation to collect Federal Excise Tax and remit the tax to the appropriate government agency.