Some links to products and partners on this website will earn an affiliate commission.
The new airport in Istanbul is now fully up and running… I am certainly looking forward to trying out the new lounge facilities on my next trip with Turkish Airlines. If it is anything like the old one, it will be a very pleasant place to spend a few hours.
To celebrate the opening of the new airport, Turkish Airlines Miles & Smiles is offering DOUBLE STATUS miles on Turkish Airlines flights to/from the new airport.
Here is the fine print:
- Must book between 15 – 30 April, 2019
- Must fly between 15 April and 31 May, 2019
- The double miles element is only used for status purposes – the bonus won’t be redeemable miles for rewards
- A maximum of 5,000 bonus status miles can be earned
- Only international flights attract the bonus
No registration is required. The additional status miles will arrive to your account during June. You can reach the landing page for this promotion by clicking here.
I see nothing that suggests that this promotion wouldn’t stack quite nice with a Turkish Airlines Miles & Smiles status match. Read this post for details… But if you are already a Turkish Airlines Elite or Elite Plus member, you might want to squeeze in a May trip to Istanbul to help you along the way to re-qualification…