Some links to products and partners on this website will earn an affiliate commission.
Ever wondered what the best Priority Pass lounge in the world is? According to the 52,000 Priority Pass members who have rated lounges throughout the network based on service, experience, refreshments and business facilities, the winner this year is the Sala VIP Internacional, operated by Corporación Quiport, at Quito International Airport in Ecuador.
Admittedly, not the first that sprung to my mind (having, sadly, never been to Ecuador…), but the outdoor terrace with panoramic views of the city does sound fantastic. I’m less impressed by the the fact that wine/spirits are limited to 2 drinks per passenger though…
You can check out all the regional winners below.
Global Airport Lounge of the Year winners
- Overall Winner: Sala VIP Internacional, Quito International Airport, Ecuador
- Regional Winner: Primeclass Riga Business Lounge, Terminal E, Riga International Airport, Latvia
- Highly Commended: Northern Lights Executive Lounge, Aberdeen International Airport, United Kingdom
Africa & Middle East:
- Regional Winner: Ahlan Lounge at B, Terminal 3, Concourse B, Dubai International Airport, United Arab Emirates
- Highly Commended: Marhaba Lounge, Terminal 3, Concourse A, Dubai International Airport, United Arab Emirates
- Regional Winner: Miracle First Class Lounge, International Concourse D, Bangkok Suvarnabhumi International Airport, Thailand
- Highly Commended: SATS Premier Lounge, Terminal 3, Singapore Changi International Airport, Singapore
- Regional Winner: Lounge 19, Terminal 1, Mexico City Benito Juarez International Airport, Mexico
- Highly Commended: The Club MCO, Terminal B, Concourse 4, Orlando FL International Airport, United States
Latin America and The Caribbean:
- Highly Commended: Eldorado Lounge, Terminal 1, Bogota El Dorado International Airport, Colombia
Andy Besant, Director of Travel Experiences at Collinson, operator of Priority Pass, said:
“Some less explored destinations have performed particularly well in this year’s rankings. As intrepid travel continues to rise, we’re noticing increased traffic in lounges at airports that are off the traditional tourist trail and veer from expected flight paths, highlighting the outstanding experiences that are offered in lounges the world over.
“Priority Pass is committed to offering its Members access to the best airport lounges across the world, and our global network of lounge partners ensures travelers can relax before their flight, improving their journey before it’s even started.”
I think I’ve only been to one of the lounges listed above – the SATS Lounge in Singapore – and can’t really remember it striking me as being particularly amazing. It was good, but not memorable.
Do you agree with the results? What’s your favourite Priority Pass lounge?