Some links to products and partners on this website will earn an affiliate commission.
Experiences – particularly shared ones – are often appreciated more than ‘things’ when it comes to Christmas presents. Travel can be a particularly good gift, whether it’s just a quick 1-night UK city break, a long weekend in Europe, or something more extravagant.
There are many benefits to buying a loved one a holiday this Christmas, but here are my top 4:
- It’s impressive, but doesn’t need to be very expensive. A nice weekend away can be easily booked for under £200, including flights and hotel for 2 people, if you don’t mind flying with low cost carriers, or have some BA Avios you can use. Compared to things like the latest electronic device or expensive jewellery, that’s a bargain!
- Looking forward to a trip and planning activities together can be almost as much fun as the holiday itself. Reminiscing about the holiday afterwards is great too. The pleasure you get from travel lasts far longer than the actual time spent away.
- If you’ve left your Christmas shopping too late for deliveries to arrive on time and don’t want to spend hours queuing this weekend – but refuse to resort to just getting a boring gift card – booking a holiday for later in the year could be an excellent plan.
- Last but not least, you get to go too!
As always there are innumerable travel deals available, but I would personally start by checking out the options in the Hilton Winter Sale as there’s more or less something for everyone there. Whether you’re looking for an affordable city break, a trip of a lifetime to the Maldives, or anything in between, you should be able to find good deals.
- Hilton Dublin Kilmainham at £105 a night
- Hampton Warsaw City Centre at £44 a night
- Hampton by Hilton Gdansk Old Town at £46 a night
- Hilton Garden Inn Krakow at £60 a night
- Hilton Warsaw at £59 a night
- Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik at £99 a night
- Hilton Garden Inn Brussels City Centre at £57 a night
- Hilton Stockholm Slussen at £84 a night
- Hilton Paris La Defense at £114 a night
- Hilton Garden Inn Moscow Krasnoselskaya at £44 a night
- Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya at £49 a night
- Hilton Garden Inn Istanbul Golden Horn Turkey at £41 a night
- Conrad Istanbul Bosphorus at £80 a night
- Hilton Malta at £93 a night
Further afield, Middle Eastern winter favourites Dubai and Abu Dhabi, and African gems including Egypt, Kenya and South Africa are also available.
Middle East highlights:
- Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Jadaf Culture Village at £46 a night
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Residences Dubai Al Barsha at £62 a night
- Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Mall Of The Emirates at £63 a night
- Hilton Dubai Creek at £79 a night
- Hilton Capital Grand Abu Dhabi at £58 a night
- Hilton Abu Dhabi at £94 a night
- Hilton Garden Inn Tanger Centre at £68 a night
- Hilton Tanger City Centre Hotel and Residences at £88 a night
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cape Town – Upper Eastside at £56 a night
- Hilton Durban (South Africa) at £83 a night
- Hilton Nairobi at £64 a night
- Hilton Hurghada Resort, Egypt at £28 a night
- Hilton Sharks Bay Resort, Egypt at £36 a night
- Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa at £43 a night
- Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort at £57 a night
The Hilton Winter Sale runs until 31 January 2019, and you can stay right up until 29 May 2019. You can also earn thousands of bonus Hilton Honors Points per stay thanks to the latest promotion – full details here.
Are you giving the gift of travel this Christmas?