Some links to products and partners on this website will earn an affiliate commission.
Regular readers will know that each month the frequent flyer scheme for Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss etc – Miles & More – offers Mileage Bargains. I cover them once in awhile – sometimes there are interesting destinations included, sometimes they are not so interesting.
These Mileage Bargains are essentially heavily discounted award tickets in Economy and Business Class to certain destinations. Because of the relatively high taxes and surcharges on Economy redemptions, I will only look at Business Class options from the UK. Miles & More long-haul redemptions include your feeder leg to Frankfurt or Munich.
This month, the list is excellent. The stand-out bargains in my humble opinion are San Francisco for 55,000 miles RETURN in Business Class, and Tokyo and Osaka for 70,000 miles RETURN in Business Class, which are typically quite expensive destinations… The other US destinations are decent, too.
Miles & More Mileage Bargains Promotion
Book between 3 and 30 September 2018, travel between 1 January and 15 February 2019.
Book on the dedicated offer page here (make sure you set the departure country to UK for the list below to appear)!
Business Class return flights for 70,000 Miles & More points (usually 135,000 points!):
- London Heathrow to Tokyo-Haneda, Osaka-Kansai
- London City to Tokyo-Haneda, Osaka-Kansai
- Manchester to Tokyo-Haneda, Osaka-Kansai
- Birmingham to Tokyo-Haneda, Osaka-Kansai
- Edinburgh to Tokyo-Haneda
Business Class return flights for 55,000 Miles & More points (usually 105,000 points!):
- London Heathrow to Boston, Miami, New York – Newark, San Francisco, Washington – Dulles, Montreal
- London City to Boston, New York – Newark, Washington – Dulles
- Manchester to Boston, Miami, New York – Newark, San Francisco, Washington – Dulles, Montreal
- Birmingham to Boston, Miami, New York – Newark, San Francisco, Washington – Dulles, Montreal
- Edinburgh to San Francisco
- Glasgow to San Francisco
There are some really interesting destinations up for grabs this month – though, yes, you will still pay a ludicrous £4xx-£5xx GBP in taxes and surcharges.
If you’d rather not spend 500+ GBP on taxes and surcharges, check out this post here for ideas on how to save cash on Miles & More redemptions.
If you’re looking to stock up on M&M Miles, don’t forget that Hilton is currently running a very generous promotion.