Some links to products and partners on this website will earn an affiliate commission.
Just a quick reminder that Alaska Mileage Plan is still offering members bonuses of up to 50% on Miles purchases made before 4th October 2018.
The bonuses are staggered, so that the more Miles you buy, the larger the bonus you receive. The exact bonuses might vary a bit due to targeting, but my account is showing the following:
- Buy 10,000 – 19,000 miles, get a 20% bonus
- Buy 20,000 – 39,000 miles, get a 35% bonus
- Buy 40,000 – 60,000 miles, get a 50% bonus
If you maxed out the promotion, you would effectively be paying ~£1,360 ($1,773.75 USD) for 90,000 Alaska Miles.
That works out at about 1.511p per Mile, which isn’t cheap compared to the prices you used to be able to get indirectly via SPG, but now that SPG is gone, it’s about as good as you can get. I can’t remember seeing an Alaska bonus of more than 50%.
I certainly wouldn’t be tempted to buy speculatively at these prices, but if you have a high-value use for Alaska Miles in mind (there are lots), it could make sense to take advantage – just make sure the award space you want is available first!
- Transactions must be completed between 6:00 AM PST August 20, 2018 and 11:59 PM PST October 4, 2018 to be eligible for bonus miles.
- Only Mileage Plan™ members who receive this offer directly from Alaska Airlines via email are qualified to participate. This is an exclusive, non-transferable offer for the intended recipient only and may not be forwarded.
- Miles are purchased from Points.com Inc. for a cost of $27.50 per 1,000 miles, plus a 7.5% Federal Excise Tax*, and GST/HST for Canadian residents.
- Miles are non-refundable and do not count toward MVP and MVP/Gold status.
- Offer is subject to change and all terms and conditions of the Mileage Plan Program apply.
- *Points.com Inc. is collecting Federal Excise Tax on behalf of Alaska Airlines Inc.
- Alaska Airlines Inc. has the obligation to collect Federal Excise Tax and remit the tax to the appropriate government agency.