Some links to products and partners on this website will earn an affiliate commission.
Regular readers will know that each month the frequent flyer scheme for Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss etc – Miles & More – offers Mileage Bargains. I cover them once in awhile – sometimes there are some interesting destinations included, sometimes they are not so interesting.
These Mileage Bargains are essentially heavily discounted award tickets in Economy and Business Class to certain destinations. Because of the relatively high taxes and surcharges on Economy redemptions, I will only look at Business Class options from the UK. Miles & More long-haul redemptions include your feeder leg to Frankfurt or Munich.
This month, the list is excellent. The stand-out bargain is Los Angeles for only 55,000 miles return in Business Class!
Miles & More Mileage Bargains Promotion March 2018
Book between 1 March and 2 April 2018, travel between 1 July and 15 August 2018
Book on the dedicated offer page here
Business Class return flights for 70,000 Miles & More points (usually 135,000 points!):
- London Heathrow to Shanghai, Beijing, Qingdao, Shenyang
- London City to Shanghai, Beijing, Qingdao, Shenyang
- Manchester to Shanghai, Beijing, Qingdao
- Birmingham to Shanghai, Beijing, Qingdao
- Edinburgh to Beijing, Shanghai
- Glasgow to Beijing, Shanghai
Business Class return flights for 55,000 Miles & More points (usually 105,000 points!):
- London Heathrow to LA, New York-JFK, New York-Newark, Chicago, Denver, Detroit, Washington-Dulles, Mumbai
- London City to LA, New York-JFK, New York-Newark, Denver, Washington-Dulles, Mumbai
- Manchester to LA, New York-JFK, New York-Newark, Chicago, Denver, Montreal, Washington-Dulles, Mumbai
- Birmingham to LA, New York-JFK, New York-Newark, Chicago, Denver, Detroit, Washington-Dulles, Mumbai
- Edinburgh to Chicago, New York-JFK
There are some interesting destinations up for grabs this month. I’d argue that the stand-out bargain is 55,000 miles to LA because such high-demand destinations are hardly ever discounted. And it is a long flight from Frankfurt, so you will get value for money. Yes, you will still pay a ludicrous 5xx GBP in taxes and surcharges, but you will only pay 55,000 miles.
If you’d rather not spend 500+ GBP on taxes and surcharges, check out this post here for ideas on how to save cash on Miles & More redemptions.