Some links to products and partners on this website will earn an affiliate commission.
There was a new BA American Express offer available to save on my card today:
“Save to Card to get a £15 statement credit on a transaction of £100+ online at British Airways UK by 30 January 2018. Valid once per Card for the first 20,000 Cardmembers to save. Terms and payment restrictions apply.”
Another variation of the promo has also been reported, offering 1,500 bonus Avios for a £100 spend.
I would value £15 and 1,500 Avios as being worth roughly the same, though would personally rather have the cash. Either, way, it’s a very nice little offer if you’ve got a British Airways booking you need to make in the next month.
You can only benefit from the offer once per card.
Award bookings should be eligible and I believe that booking a BA Holiday should also trigger the statement credit / bonus Avios. Remember that you can currently get 4.5% cashback and other benefits by booking a BA Holiday (just add 1 day’s car hire or a night at a hotel to your flights to turn your booking into a ‘BA Holiday’).
It’s good to see Amex continuing to offer these credits and bonuses in the New Year – they can really add up!
- Offer only available when you spend £100 or more at britishairways.com by 30 January 2018 with the British Airways American Express® Card to which the offer is saved, including an American Express Card loaded into a mobile payment wallet and only on transactions made in Great British Pounds (GBP). Offer does not apply to spend on other Cards you might hold and is not valid for transactions made using third party Payment Aggregators.
- This offer only applies to those Cardmembers who were targeted. This offer will not be valid for any other Cardmembers or product holders.
- £15 will be rewarded one time per UK Card. An awarded credit can be reversed if qualifying transactions are refunded or cancelled. Offer only available to the first 20,000 Cardmembers who save the offer to their Card.
- An awarded credit can be reversed if qualifying transactions are refunded or cancelled. Credit should appear on your billing statement within five days from qualifying spend but may take up to 90 days from 30 January 2018. Spend must be billed to your Card account by 30 January 2018 to be eligible for this offer. If British Airways does not charge your Card during this period e.g. because of a delay in dispatching your goods, you may not be eligible for this offer.
- All travel is subject to British Airways conditions of carriage, subject to availability and standard booking conditions apply. For full terms and conditions please visit ba.com/theclubterms. Offer only valid on flights departing from UK airports.
- For full Offer Terms and more details about statement credits click here. By saving the offer to your Card, you agree to the Offer Terms.