Some links to products and partners on this website will earn an affiliate commission.
It’s easy for new users to get an Uber discount (as a quick Google will attest!), but have you ever wondered how to get an Uber discount after your first ride? Here are a couple of quick tips to help save you some extra cash – regardless of whether you’ve barely used the taxi app before, or are already a frequent user.
1) Uber Discount Through Tesco Clubcard
You can now exchange Tesco Clubcard vouchers into Uber credit – and the conversion rate is excellent!
You are able to get 3 x the value, so £1.50 of Uber credit for every 50p worth of Tesco ClubCard vouchers you exchange, which compares favourably with the other transfer options. To make a transfer, just head to this page here.
This is very good move both by Tesco and Uber and expands on what is already an extensive list that you can spend your Tesco Clubcard points on.
- Please choose carefully as the voucher cannot be converted back to Clubcard points and is not refundable, returnable, redeemable for cash and cannot be cancelled.
- You can only redeem the voucher via the Uber app to use within the UK, and in areas where Uber is available.
- The voucher can’t be used to buy Gift Cards.
- You can turn a maximum of £50 in Clubcard vouchers into £150 worth of Uber credit per transaction.
- A user can have a maximum of £1000 Uber credit in their Uber wallet.
2) Uber Discount Through Barclaycard
Every 11th ride using Barclaycard as your payment option is free up to £15 until the end of the year.
You can see in the Uber app how many rides you’ve accumulated, and when you’ve qualified for a free ride.
Rides in any location where Uber operates (inside or outside the UK) count towards your 10, and they can be of any value, as long as there’s a charge to your eligible card for each of the 10 rides. You can only use the free ride in the UK though.
Rides paid for using PayPal, Apple Pay and Android Pay (even if you’ve loaded a Barclaycard) won’t count towards your 10 accumulated rides.
The offer is valid until 31 December 2017. There are no restrictions on the number of free rides you can earn.
I generally find Uber to be very useful and pretty good value. Being able to reduce the taxi bill even further with the two Uber discount tips above makes it even better though!